DLOCK 12 Error

Feconnect has been replaced by ESFA communities.

Feconnect is read only and it is not possible to create or reply to topics or posts. To search feconnect we suggest you use site specific searches. ESFA Communities is now live. Feconnect users will need to create a new ESFA communities account to post, reply or subscribe for email alerts.

Home Forums Data issues DLOCK 12 Error

This topic contains 3 replies, has 3 voices, and was last updated by  WestonLa 4 months, 1 week ago.

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • Author
  • Mark@Tempdent
    Spectator

Hi all,

We have a learner who was recently put onto a BIL as of 06.10.2020 and paused on the DAS on 22.10.2020, and we’re now getting the DLOCK12 error on the Data Match Report.

The guidance says:

“This error triggers when an employer has paused the commitment. Typically this will trigger when a learner is on a break in learning and the pause date recorded in the AS does not match the actual end date recorded in the ILR.

To correct this the Employer will need to un-pause the record and re-pause to the data which matches the ILR actual end date (we always take the ILR date for Breaks in learning).”

The employer has gone onto the DAS today, unpaused the learner account as requested and then paused it again today but there is no option anywhere to amend the end date to 06.10.2020!!? Is there something we/they are doing wrong or do all DLOCK12 errors have to be amended via the ESFA?

I’m also confused by this error since all other DAS date requirements are Month/Year but for BILs, the learner was paused on DAS and actioned on Maytas in the same month! It seems oddly specific when all we’re doing is pausing the payments for the requested month.

Does anyone know how to fix these please?

Thanks!

steveh
    Spectator

Yeah, the problem is the rubbish description.

what it SHOULD say is:

“This error triggers when an employer has paused the commitment. Typically this will trigger when a learner is on a break in learning and the pause date recorded in the AS does not match the actual end date recorded in the ILR.

If the pause date is AFTER the Actual End Date recorded in the ILR, don’t worry about it”

because, as you say, they can’t backdate a pause in AS, so it’s only an actual issue when the pause date is BEFORE the actual end date because that will cost you money.

Mark@Tempdent
    Spectator

Seems counter-intuitive given that I always tend to get a list of BIL learners on a monthly basis who have Maytas BIL dates prior to the dates they are actioned on DAS!

It’ll just mean a lot of DLOCK12 errors on the report that won’t disappear until the learner either leaves their apprenticeship or restarts!!

WestonLa
    Spectator

I had a similar issue and rang the apprenticeship service to discuss – they advised me that there was a glitch in their system that was not pulling data through – I would suggest giving them a call to discuss to see if they can resolve.

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.