DLOCK ERRORS

Home Forums Data issues DLOCK ERRORS

Tagged: 

This topic contains 30 replies, has 14 voices, and was last updated by  Matt Collishaw 3 weeks, 3 days ago.

Viewing 25 posts - 1 through 25 (of 31 total)
  • Author
  • lynnesmithNLTG
    Participant

Hi,
    We have just received our first data match report for 19/20 and there are multiple errors appearing for carry in learners – just wondering if anyone is having the same issue – the learners have also appeared as ILR data mismatch errors on the digital account.
    Errors are DLock 03,04,05, 06, 07 – the learners appear to be those who have previously progressed from level 2 to level 3.
    Thanks in advance,
    Lynne

Pauline Elliott
    Participant

Yes, I’ve just found one of these too with DLock05 and 07. It hadn’t previously come through as an issue in last year and we’ve been receiving money for them without a problem???

Matt Collishaw
    Participant

Hi All,

Yes i had this issue for the past year also.

It seems to happen with learners who do a level 2 and they go onto a level 3 with the same employer throughout. The Agreement ID form both the level 2 and the level 3 given by the DAS is the same which doesn’t help the issue.

If anyone gets any joy i would be very interested in responses

In R14 we have a learner appearing like on the data match reports yet we are being paid for the learner, it has been on there since May 2019.

Service desk as yet to give me a single answer as to why this keeps happening.

Thanks

Pauline Elliott
    Participant

I’ve logged a call with the service desk as it is obvious it’s matching the wrong Apprenticeship Service record with the ILR as I’ve checked both records and the ILR and nothing has been changed since the learner started on level 3 in January 2019 and it’s previously gone through ok.

zpenny
    Participant

There is an AS year end webinar that the ESFA released (link via Inform Sept Newsletter) which says that if you can see payments coming through ok for learners with DLOCKS then there is no need to fix them. We have had learners pop up on R13 that have been fine throughout with payments coming through. Very worrying at this point in the year!

Richard Phipps
    Participant

We’ve had this happen yesterday and it seems that in 18/19 we had ILR records for a L2 apprenticeship and then a L3 Standard that the learner progressed onto. We had two Live DAS records to match these and all worked fine.

Then in 19/20 we submitted an R02 in which we only have the new L3 Standard in our ILR. Now the DAS system can’t match the DAS record for the L2 Standard in the ILR data and doesn’t seem to be able to match with ILR from the previous year so generates a data lock error and an ILR data mismatch on the website itself.

After talking to the Service Desk they have given us two options:

I can confirm that this issue is triggering due to a current issue with the Apprenticeship Service linking with the correct record in the ILR.

To correct this please carry out one of the following work around.

1, Ask the Employer to stop the completed level 2 record on DAS.

2, Add the 18/19 level 2 data into the 19/20 academic year ILR submission.

I would advise that for data clarity to use option one.

Hope that helps anyone else out there in the same situation.
    Richard

zpenny
    Participant

Thanks Richard, this is very helpful. Can I ask what stop date you will be using? The expected end date or the actual end date? We have over 100 of these to deal with!

MartinOutlaw
    Participant

Hi Richard,

That is a very interesting answer, and it does make some sense; though the errors that are reported indicate that there is no record in the DAS to match the ILR submission, where clearly there is. It might have been more helpful if the error said that there was no record in the ILR to match the DAS.

It seems entirely daft to me that the matching process seems to ignore the Cohort references which would make it clear as to which records it should be trying to match up.

I am also not keen on asking the employer to stop the level 2 record, as I can only see this resulting in a list of DLOCK_10 errors, even if you give them the exact date to stop the record, so that it matches the ILR, it then seems to revert to the 1st of the month and no longer match.

Martin

Ruth CJ
    Participant

Martin – Like you, I’m always anxious about stopping DAS records. If they use the wrong date, it can’t be undone, and it just a massive pain. We’re thinking about including the L2 in 19/20, even though it doesn’t belong there.

The system is so poorly designed. When we had a DAS record for Level 2 (D2) and a DAS record for Level 3 (D3), plus an ILR record for L2 (I2) and and ILR record for Level 3 (I3), it was fine. The system correctly matched D2 to I2, and D3 to I3. As soon as I2 is no longer in the ILR return (because it finished the previous year), the system suddenly tries to match both D2 and D3 to I3. They’re not the same dates, or the same price, or the same framework. On what criteria is it trying to match them?

I think the crux of it, is that they finished L2 and started L3 in the same month. The DAS only works in month and year, and not specific date, so it sees an overlap where there isn’t one. Why they did that, I’ll never understand. Since when does any data system just use month and year?

PaulB
    Participant

Hi,

We are having the same issue. However, ours do not end (Lv 2) and start (Lv 3) in the same month so is mismatching in that scenario as well.

Again asking employers to go back into old DAS records and ‘Stop’ these is not an option. The Apprenticeship Service should easily be able to cope with this without these suggested workarounds.

lynnesmithNLTG
    Participant

Thanks for these responses, good to know its not just us but it is a concern at this point of the year. The match issue does seem to be where the L2 qualifications ended in the previous contract year. I’d prefer not to ask employers to stop records due to the issues which then ensue if this isn’t done correctly (just prior to R14 too!). adding the learners L2 record to the 19/20 ILR might be the way forward, will have a further look into this – thanks for your advice on this.
    Lynne

Matt Collishaw
    Participant

Hi, All thanks for responses, the response Richard received made me laugh

To correct this please carry out one of the following work around.

1, Ask the Employer to stop the completed level 2 record on DAS.

2, Add the 18/19 level 2 data into the 19/20 academic year ILR submission.

I would advise that for data clarity to use option one.

What about option 3:

Have a system that is actually working correctly and that updates the training end date on the DAS from the ILR actual end date this could then also change the status of apprentices on the DAS to what they actually are (completed, withdrawn etc)

This would also stop employers stopping apprentices that have completed as they still say live.

We are constantly told to collect accurate ILR data, yet it is totally ignored in this DAS system.

Cheers

MartinOutlaw
    Participant

Dear All,

I have just uploaded a R02 file with Option 2 tested on two learners. They are both still in the DATA match report. It made no difference to the outcome. The 18/19 records were definately included as they show up in the Apps indicative earnings report.

I have also checked the DAS and the learner still has a DATA mismatch, but it only shows against the Level 2 record. The current live records are OK, this may not be a R02 issue, but could cause havoc in R14.

Martin

SFA STAFF

We are aware of this issue and have confirmed that it is an error in the datamatch report but does not affect payments. If you see a datamatch error for an apprentice that is on a second or subsequent apprenticeship, and you believe there is no datamatch error with the current commitment, it is likely this issue applies and you will be paid correctly. We have identified the cause of this reporting issue and aim to deploy a fix at month-end.

Richard Phipps
    Participant

Dear ESFA,

Can I ask when you were first aware of this issue? It would have been helpful to communicate via the forum, or an ESFA update email about these known issues so we all didn’t keep running into the same problem.

Thank you,
    Richard

LisaMargach
    Participant

Hi All

I have also had a similar response from the ESFA, just asking us to stop the records, which will may create a DLOCK_10 error, which I should then ignore!

“I have looked into your query regarding the multiple Dlock errors triggering for learners who have completed one Apprenticeship and then moved to a further Apprenticeship programme.

Currently the Apprenticeship Service record is incorrectly linking with the previous ILR data which is why the ILR value on the report shows as blank.

To correct this error the Employer will need to stop the completed record on DAS to the same month as the actual end date in the ILR, please note this may trigger a Dlock_10 error but this can then be ignored.”

I have asked for clarity on this, as it contradicts the advice given above. I will update if I hear anything in the meantime.

Lisa

Caspar Verney
    Participant

Lisa
    Participant

Hi

Anyone had any further updates on this issue or can anyone confirm that asking the employer to stop the L2 record works?

thanks

Lisa

LisaMargach
    Participant

Hi

The only update I have had from the data service it so stop the learners on the employers levy account which I don’t want to ask the employers to do, as I don’t think it will resolve the problem.

Sorry I haven’t seen any more updates other than there is a fix coming this month!

Lisa

Lisa
    Participant

Hi

Thanks for replying Lisa – are your current SLD indicative reconciliation reports, post submission to SLD, once run through your MIS reconcilation indicating data mis matching between your MIS data & the ESFA because mine are indicating the whole year funding for effected learner will be paid back 🙁 with both records live on the AS (Not having asked the employer to stop the L2 record yet) ? – I hope the ESFA/AS will sort a fix in time for the 18/19 hard close!

Lisa

LisaMargach
    Participant

Hi

I agree with you, I hope it gets sorted soon also, it is very frustrating seeing errors which I don’t believe are correct.

Our indicative reports are showing roughly what we expect. I will keep my fingers crossed for you.

Lisa

Steve Bowler
    Participant

Afternoon,

I’m hoping this is part of the ‘known issue’ but I’ve just uploaded a new ILR file for R14 and the Data Mismatch report now has over 100 DLOCK_07 on it (and all showing as Data Mismatch on the Apprenticeship Service too)!

None of the related data for these learners has changed recently on either the ILR or App Service, looking back at recent ILR uploads and the Data Mismatch reports I had the following number of DLOCK_07:

04.07.19 (R11) = 1
    06.08.19 (R12) = 1
    13.09.19 (R13) = 1
    04.10.19 (R14) = 1
    11.10.19 (R14) = 104

The single learner from the previous months I have on ongoing Service Desk query to try and resolve, however I’m hoping this other batch is just a glitch on the ESFA reporting as these learners have been fine for many months and look fine to me…

🙁

Steve

Caspar Verney
    Participant

One has to ask whether these systems are fit for purpose.

Where the help desk says do something and then ignore the error that it creates is just not acceptable. After the hard close on R14 then there will be no going back.

Come on ESFA, where are you, please?

SFA STAFF

All users should be aware of the need to resolve datamatch errors in order to receive payment. We are aware that R14 closes at 6pm on 17th October and the concerns about datamatch errors that could not be resolved before this deadline. We will review the situation with regard to any unresolved issues after this deadline and will provide further information about this to affected providers.

Caspar Verney
    Participant

May I ask how the above key piece of information will be communicated to anyone not following this particular thread on FeConnect? The deadline is less than 24 hours away now.

Viewing 25 posts - 1 through 25 (of 31 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.