DLOCK_11

Home Forums Data issues DLOCK_11

This topic contains 14 replies, has 8 voices, and was last updated by  Michael 8 months, 2 weeks ago.

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 15 total)
  • Author
  • Martin West
    Participant

Can anyone explain what ‘The employer is not currently a levy payer’ indicates and why the payments are withheld and do not change from levy payment to a co-investment payment plus co-investment (below band upper limit) due from employer?

I would have thought that the switch to co-investment would be automatic where training is not funded from the employer’s account for levy payers with insufficient funds, but this does not seem to be the case.

It is pointless asking the help desk as they just do not know and expect the Training Provider to contact the Employer and ask them to communicate with the Apprenticeship Service to resolve the problem even though the Employer has no knowledge of what the DLOCK or payment report to the Provider is or contains.

This must be a known issue, but it is unpublished.

Gen2JP
    Participant

Hi Martin

We have had this happening this month with one of our employers. On further investigation I have found out that the employer is no longer linked with an HMRC Payroll Scheme. The employer parent company has now taken over the payroll, so the payroll that they were linked to is no longer active in the HMRC system.

We are discussing this now with the parent company for a solution.

Regards
    JP

Sunny
    Participant

I have similar issue this month. Many schools which are part of local council show on data mismatch report indicating they are not levy provider. I can’t figure what reason triggers the issue. The apprentices from schoools are already on the system for sometime and only got this issue this month.

Mark
    Participant

There was an issue where a flag was wrongly set and caused some records to be marked as not being a levy payer. I have been assured that this is corrected from this period, but not until after the period is closed and the dlock report is run again

Frances Hill
    Participant

Hi Martin, we had a similar problem with DLOCK_11 and the help desk. I actually telephone the National Apprenticeship Service who were very helpful. They suggested:
    1.3 The employer declaration may not be correct or out of date
    2. The % English on the declaration is incorrect
    3. get the employer to phone them

All helpful but not really we have any control or influence over, which is rather unfair, especially as companies are struggling with the additional work, they are not overly keen on going the extra mile for a training provider.

Frances

Mark
    Participant

I had the same response from AS, but I had also contacted the service desk and this was their reply

The technical team have looked into the Dlock_11 errors and have advised below.

At R06 Month End, we were aware of an issue whereby a flag was incorrectly placed on some Employer accounts, identifying the account as a Non-Levy payer. This created a DLOCK_11 error which prevented some payments from being made for learners in R06.

This issue has now been fixed and for R07 Month End, these errors will no longer appear. Any payments that were incorrectly stopped at R06 will automatically be released.

We apologise for any inconvenience this may have caused.

Martin West
    Participant

Hi Mark,
    Thanks for the update from the AS, but you do have to ask why they have not published this in the known issues.

Matt Collishaw
    Participant

Hi Martin,

After a rant this is the respose i received from the DAS help desk, after i pointed out that Employers shouldn’t be able to access their DAS accounts if they are not a levy payer, let alone still approve cohorts. I also said I look forward to being able to go on holiday abroad without a passport in the new world 🙂

The only option we felt we had was to change the employer to a none levy from the Date the error appeared. Then if the employer asks explain and pass on the guidance below. Ridiculous we are held to ransom by things totally out of our control.

Its all very well them fixing issues but the reports do no retrospectively update making our co-investment report massive due to HMRC mess ups. Making chasing employers almost impossible.

—————————————————————————-

Dear Matthew,

Thank you for contacting the National Apprenticeship Service, my name is Roxanne. I understand from your email that you have received a data lock 11 error relating to an employer working with your organisation.

Employers create Apprentice Service (AS) accounts. The data lock errors occur to warn training providers that the employer is either not an apprenticeship levy paying employer or is incorrectly declaring. These errors occur as a result of checks to ensure that organisations are paying the apprenticeship levy when they create an account. This allows you as a training provider to adjust the ILR submission if they do not pay the apprenticeship levy or to have the employer ensure they are declaring the apprenticeship levy correctly.

Data lock 11 errors occur when the employer is listed as a non levy paying employer but the apprentice record has the employer flagged as a levy paying organisation. If the employer does pay the apprenticeship levy they should ensure that they are submitting declarations for the apprenticeship levy through their Employer Payment Summary (EPS) on a monthly basis as well as paying the apprenticeship levy through their PAYE scheme. Employers should ensure that the apprenticeship levy is being declared by the 19th of each month, and that the figure is year to date. The year to date figure is the cumulative amount an organisation has declared to HMRC regarding the apprenticeship levy for this financial year.

If an employer is sure that they are declaring the apprenticeship levy correctly they should contact the HMRC employer helpline. Employers can contact the employer helpline using the details below:
    Telephone:0300 200 3200

HMRC will be able to advise them on their apprenticeship levy submissions and offer guidance on what steps they need to take to rectify this issue if they pay the apprenticeship levy.

I will flag this as feedback on the systems and if you wish for the employer to discuss this matter with our service please do not hesitate to provide them with our number.

Martin West
    Participant

Hi Matt,
    Thanks for the update the only thing Roxanne left out of the detailed DLOCK_11 error description was that it is dependant on the AS flagging the employer as a non-levy paying organisation correctly.

But as Mark has been advised this flag may have been incorrect set recently on some records thus causing additional DLOCK_11 errors to be reported., we can only hope they have resolved this issue, but we will have to wait for the period end reports to confirm this then at least we will be able to see the wood for the trees.

That’s the problem with undocumented processes that no one can check.

Michael
    Participant

Hi Martin

Following on from your initial post – am i right in saying the automatic swith to co investment will not happen if the provider does not have a ‘non levy contract’ with ESFA?

We are in this position, i believe we only have a contract to work with levy payers but suffering the DLOCK11 problem with 1 particular employer and we are receiving no payments…

Thank you

Frances Hill
    Participant

Michael, we are in that position too. seems to be punishing those that cannot do anything about it.

Martin West
    Participant

Hi Michael and Frances,
    When a levy paying employer switches to co-investment the funding comes from an ESFA central pot and not a Providers non levy allocation.
    Where the employer is not a levy paying employer but is actually a non-levy paying employer you would need a non-levy allocation.
    HTH

matthew.rogers
    Participant

We have an employer that started an apprentice in September and they have appeared in the data match report today… let’s hope they resolve this issue today.

Martin West
    Participant

All my Dlock_11 errors have now gone away so it must have been an AS error.

Michael
    Participant

interestingly ours have gone away too….

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 15 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.