DSAT for 2013-14

Home Forums Data issues DSAT for 2013-14

Tagged: , , ,

This topic contains 10 replies, has 9 voices, and was last updated by  Caspar Verney 6 years, 6 months ago.

Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)
  • Author
  • Caspar Verney
    Participant

Just to share with everyone that I have asked when the DSAT for 2013-14 will be available and have received the following reply from KPMG:

“There will be a DSAT for version 2013-14. With the ongoing FIS modifications Provider DSATs v14 remains under development. It is envisaged PDSATs will commence testing in January with a full release expected shortly afterwards.
    Sorry I can’t give you a more exact date.

You will unfortunately have to use FIS to export the access database used by the DSAT tool.”

lapsed_user
    Participant

How come they are not changing the name of the DSAT?

Everything else has changed names, and so this will not sound like a new system that has cost millions to develop?

steveh
    Participant

on the grapevine I’ve heard that testers who were expecting it last week still hadn’t had it, so don’t hold your breath…

Anonymous

We’re testing it and are expecting it by the end of the day today.

chrishick
    Participant

DSATs for 2013/14 can be downloaded from http://bit.ly/MRuH8K

mattb
    Participant

Hi all,

I’m having problems exporting the DSAT reports to Excel. I have a 64 bit machine with a 32 bit version of Office. The 32 bit version does work on my machine but it does not allow me to ‘export to file’ to get the outputs. KPMG were unsure how to resolve. Has any one else had this issue?

Kind Regards, Matt

Simon
    Participant

Hi Matt

I have had problems exporting the reports to excel for a few weeks. When I select a report and click to run I get a message “critical error encountered, Error: (430) Class does not support Automation or does not support expected interface”

I reported this to KPMG and I got this response: We have seen this error message at a few other colleges but have yet to find a fix. It appears to be a local IT issue rather than an issue with DSAT itself. Can you try running DSAT on a colleague’s machine to see if this fixes the issue.

Is this anything similar to what you have been getting?

mattb
    Participant

Hi Simon,

It sounds like exactly the same problem. I have Windows 7 and Office 2010 and I get the problem described above. I tried it on a desktop with Vista and Office 2010 and didn’t have a problem and a colleague with Windows 7 and Office 2007 didn’t have a problem either.

Thanks for getting back to me – I’ll keep digging.

Kind Regards, Matt

Annalisa
    Participant

Hi all,

I have installed the new version of the PDSAT 10_3 and the pop up appears stating, please ensure your component data set matches the FIS. The FIS component set is set to 016 and the DSAT is set to 011.

Do you know how to change this on the PDSAT so they match or should this automatically be updated when you install the new version of the FIS.

countrygirl
    Participant

Hi all,
    I have the same problems as both simonf and Annalisa. I also got the same reply when I contacted the helpdesk. This does not help when we are expected to run the DSAT programme on a regular basis and clear any anomalies.
    If anyone has any helpful ideas i would be happy to hear them.

Caspar Verney
    Participant

If the PDSAT is warning about the component set then that is still only a warning and not fatal and I would expect it to still work. I would also expect the PDSAT to derive the latest Component Set version from FIS.

If you try running a FIS file from a newer Component Set through the PDSAT then afterwards does that warning disappear?

Otherwise I would say in answer to Annalisa’s question about how to change the PDSAT so that it matches FIS that you would need to ask the KPMG helpdesk and not the Data Service – try dsathelpdesk@kpmg.co.uk

HTH,
    Caspar

Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.