Eligibility Leave to Remain/Enter

Home Forums Data issues Eligibility Leave to Remain/Enter

This topic contains 2 replies, has 2 voices, and was last updated by  Alastair Gilbert 2 months, 2 weeks ago.

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • Author

  • Alastair Gilbert

    The funding rules are quite clear that to be exempt from the 3 year residency requirement, a learner needs to have discretionary, exceptional or indefinite leave to remain/enter (or one of the other exemptions).

    We see quite a lot of residency permits that just say “leave to remain/enter”.

    Can anyone confirm that if the permit doesn’t explicitly say discretionary, exceptional or indefinite then the learner isn’t exempt from the 3-year residency rule please?



    Yes – Needs to have the word discretionary, exceptional or indefinite. Otherwise classed as overseas.

    If it’s just leave to remain/enter then it’s most commonly because they are here on a work permit and are not fundable (unless for another reason).


    Alastair Gilbert


Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.