Eligibility Query

Home Forums Data issues Eligibility Query

This topic contains 6 replies, has 3 voices, and was last updated by  Martin West 5 years, 4 months ago.

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • Author
  • Annalisa
    Participant

Hi all,

I have candidate interested in completing a Level 5 Higher Apprenticeship in Management and Leadership. The candidate already has a HNC Level 5 in Electrical Engineering. Please can you let me know if they eligible for funding?

In the Funding Rules paragraph 111 it states; ‘if the individual already has a level 4 or above, they are only eligible for funding for a higher apprenticeship at level 5 or above’ however one of my colleagues states their is a contradiction somewhere in the guidance.

I look forward to some support.

Anna

Matt
    Participant

Beyond that paragraph I don’t know of any contradiction. In addition to that paragraph, 16-18s would be fully-funded on their non-prescribed HE aims (annex 1, 46.3), and 19+ would be co-funded, again on their non-prescribed HE aims (annex 1, 47.15).

Martin West
    Participant

Hi Anna,
    I also know of no contradiction to this, accepting it must be a new job role which I would assume it is.
    Maybe you should ask your colleague to elaborate if in doubt.
    HTH

Annalisa
    Participant

Hi Matt,

Thanks for your response, I am new to the funding side for higher apprenticeships and I am to find out what Non-Prescribed HE means?

Matt
    Participant

I think basically it’s whether the “higher” level qualification/aim can be funded by HEFCE (prescribed) or the SFA (non-prescribed).

Annalisa
    Participant

HI Matt,

Thanks for your support, I am going to feed this back to my team.

Have a great day!

Anna

Martin West
    Participant

Hi Anna,
    All L5+ Apprenticeships have higher qualification (HE) aims but as these are not SFA but funded by HE loan’s this will need to arrange first if not funded via the employer.

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.