Employer Incentive – Apps Monthly Payment Report

Home Forums Data issues Employer Incentive – Apps Monthly Payment Report

This topic contains 9 replies, has 4 voices, and was last updated by  Paul Rogers 2 years, 9 months ago.

Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)
  • Author
  • paultaylor
    Participant

Is it possible to use the Apps Monthly Payment Report to identify which employer you need to pay an employer incentive too?

I can see that the report has the Employer identifier at start of learning but it does not return the current employer or the employer at 3 months/12 months.

The threshold dates are returned on the Trailblazer reports and there is a separate incentive report for this but seemingly not for new apps.

Any ideas?

Martin West
    Participant

Hi Paul,
    Apps Co-Funding Contributions Report

23. This is a new report for earnings generated under Funding model 36 (Apprenticeships from 1 May 2017). This report will only be generated when the ILR submission window has closed.

24. This report shows the co-investment required from employers for each month, for each apprentice. The employer is identified using the Employer identifier recorded in the ILR.

25. If no co-investment is required, this report will be blank.

paultaylor
    Participant

Thanks Martin but I think this only deals with the payments we need to collect from employers. I want to know about how we identify the employers that we need to pay the 16-18 employer incentives to; the £500 after months 3 and 12.

I don’t think that the reports tell you which employers these payments relate to at this moment in time.

Martin West
    Participant

This is shown in the Apps Indicative Earnings Report from FIS and where a Learner has changed employer there is an additional programme aim entry that relates to an additional episode of learning.
    Any additional payment due will be indicated to the employer in which the episode relates.
    HTH

paultaylor
    Participant

The problem with the indicative report is it’s just that; indicative. If we are paying an employer then we need to know that we have been paid so would use the ‘Apps Monthly Payment Report’ as opposed to the indicative.

I take the point re the new lines in the report for new episodes when employer changes and I’d assumed that this would probably allow us to identify the employer at months 3 and 12. It’s just that it’s not absolutely clear and in the Trailblazer report it is much more distinct.

We do not have any learners with employer changes to check this and of course you would want your own processes and MI system to manage this but I’m also following this up with the ESFA. Thanks for the input as always Martin.

Ruth CJ
    Participant

I would have assumed that the employer ERN in each Apps Monthly Payment Report would be the current employer at the time. Like you though, we haven’t had any employer changes yet, so I can’t test that theory. I think we’ll just have to keep an eye on it when we get some employer changes. It might be really straightforward.

Martin West
    Participant

Hi Paul and Ruth,
    I have had one of these, you do have to indicate not only a change in EDRS but also a further ACT period and the new financial details. This results in two reported programme aim periods relating to each employer in the final Apps Monthly Payment Report, it is straightforward as Ruth assumed as they have already considered this scenario.

HTH

Ruth CJ
    Participant

Good to hear 🙂

If the new employer is the same contract type as the previous one, I wouldn’t start a new ACT record though. PSM;

696. A new Apprenticeship contract type FAM record must be added if the new employer has a different apprenticeship contract type to the previous employer, for example if the apprentice has changes from a levy paying employer to a non-levy paying employer then a new FAM record with ACT2 must be recorded. There should be no changes made to the learning aims.

It only asks you to change the ACT type if there is a change. Are there any other rules that say we should always add a new one, even if the same type?

Martin West
    Participant

Mine had a different apprenticeship contract type to the previous employer

Paul Rogers
    Participant

Paul – I have asked that they provide a better breakdown on the remittance which identifies the ERN / employer and the ULN or ULIN so we know what the payment is for, showing all credits and debits that created the amount paid.

I’m struggling despite knowing which ones are coming through, and it appears they are paying up to the date of payment, not based on the end of the previous month.

It needs to be more explicit otherwise we will end up with another age grant disaster which reconciliations happening left right and centre, frustrating both providers and employers.

Paul.

Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.