I know that I should know this but it has me a little confused.
If I have learners on Standards that started in academic year 18/19 and they are still ongoing but will finish the practical period, go through Gateway and hopefully achieve EPA in 19/20 what dates should I have? And which should be recorded in the ILR?:
Zprog start (*1) and Zprog end (*2)
Start of practical period (same as *1) and End of Practical Period ( *3 but min 366 days)
Start of Gateway (*3) and End of Gateway (*4 but min 372 days)
Start working with EPAO ( *3 minus at least 3 months) and End of work with EPAO (*2)
Is there any change for learners starting on or after 1st August 2019 as I am being told differing information from Primes that I work with and I am trying to get our data accurate for them and direct levy delivery.
Many thanks and sorry if this is basic
LesannOctober 13, 2019 at 11:35 am #406287
From the PSM
4.7.15 Learning planned end date
317. For apprenticeship standards, the Learning planned end date must include both the training and end point assessment period for continuing learners into the 2019 to 2020 year.
318. For new starts on or after 1st August 2019, the planned end date must only include the learning related to the learning aim and not include the end point assessment period.
4.7.16 Learning actual end date
319. For apprenticeship standards on a programme aim, where the learner has completed all learning activities and began the End point assessment period prior to 1st August 2019, the Learning Actual End date for the current year will continue to include the end point assessment.
320. For apprenticeship standards on a programme aim, where the learner has not completed all learning activities by 1st August 2019, the Learning Actual End Date will be completed after all learning has taken place and does NOT include the end point assessment period.
4.7.17 Achievement date
321. For apprenticeship standards, the achievement date must be returned for continuing learners where all learning activities have ended, and the end point assessment has taken place on or after 1 August 2019. Once this date is returned the Completion status and associated Outcome must be updated accordingly.October 14, 2019 at 7:41 am #406299
Thanks for this. Just to clarify in layman’s terms:
If a learner started on 5/8/19 their Learning Planned End Date is exclusive of EPA, their Learning Actual End Date is exclusive of EPA but their Achievement Date is ? (inclusive or exclusive) of EPA
Also, would this scenario be the same if the learner started on 10/02/19?
LesannOctober 14, 2019 at 9:14 am #406305
The Achievement date is entered as the date the end point assessment was completed for any learner who completes EPA after 1 August 2019.
The panned end date applies to the training period only for all starting after 1 August 2019.
The learning actual end date applies to the training period only for those who complete training after 1 August 2019 but for those carried over who completed training prior to 1 August 2019 then it will continue to include the end point assessment.
HTHOctober 14, 2019 at 9:35 am #406307
You must be logged in to reply to this topic.