End date on the DAS

Home Forums Data issues End date on the DAS

This topic contains 3 replies, has 3 voices, and was last updated by  Martin West 1 week, 6 days ago.

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • Author
  • Sarah C
    Participant

Hello,

Now the guidance has changed and we need to record an expected end date for when an apprentice finishes their learning and then a separate achievement date at the point of the EPA completion, does anybody know which date should be put on the DAS for an apprentice end date?

Any help much appreciated!

Sarah

jaynemacleod
    Participant

I was listening to a webinar today and the same question was asked. The presenter wasn’t 100% sure and is going to come back to us. I have also asked one of our employers to raise the question with the help-desk.

I would guess that in order for the data to match between ILR and DAS it has to be the Planned End Date (end of learning) as we aren’t recording the end date anywhere on the ILR at present.

jaynemacleod
    Participant

We have had answers back from the ESFA help desk and the Apprenticeship Service. The answers are below – they are different!

We are going back to both – Can anyone else help???

thanks

Jayne

From the Apprenticeship Service –

We discussed whether or not the planned training end date on the Apprenticeship Service (AS) record should include the End Point Assessment (EPA).

I confirmed that the end date needs to include the EPA, as the apprenticeship is not complete until the final assessment has been completed. As such, the planned training end date on the AS record should not be before the EPA.

From ESFA helpdesk –

The Learning planned end date for an apprenticeship standard that started before 1 August 2019, must include both the training and end point assessment period.
    The Learning planned end date for an apprenticeship standard that started on or after 1 August 2019, must only include training period and not the end point assessment period.

The planned end date entered in the ILR needs to match the date recorded on Apprenticeship Service.

We hope it helps.

Martin West
    Participant

Hi,
    I expect the AS answer was related to an Apprentice who started before 1 August 2019 where as the ESFA have given the definition that applies both those who started prior to and after the start of the current funding year.
    HTH

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.