EPA prices & audit evidence

Home Forums Data issues EPA prices & audit evidence

This topic contains 5 replies, has 3 voices, and was last updated by  OFFS 10 months ago.

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • Author
  • jessicar
    Participant

Whats the implication of inputting the EPA price incorrectly into the ILR.
    e.g say a price was agreed of £800, but £1000 was on the ILR?

What are the ESFA using this information for?

At audit i suppose as long as the paper copy of your price breakdown matches the ILR they wouldn’t have an issue, but can’t see in the audit working papers or funding guidance, if auditors would/or how they d be able to check: :
    if the employer chose the EPA and not the provider
    and whether the price of the EPA matched to an invoice form the EPA ie was the actual price agreed.

Any thoughts?

OFFS
    Participant

Hi jessicar, Depends on what information you have submitted on the ILR. Monthly funding is based on 80% the sum of TNP1 (training) + TNP2 (EPA), so if the wrong TNP has been recorded then incorrect payments may have been made ? An auditor will expect to see paperwork matching the submission but obviously if a mistake has been made then it can be corrected. I’m not sure if you would record it as a renegotiated TNP or amend the original TNP entry ?

• This reply was modified 10 months ago by  OFFS.

jessicar
    Participant

Sorry, wasn’t too clear.

The overall price says the same, but the TNP 01 & TNP 02 split is incorrect but matches to the price breakdown.

Would an auditor be fishing out invoices from the EPA to check the price input is the same?

Ruth CJ
    Participant

As long as the total price for both training and assessment is correct, I see what you mean. Obviously if the total price would vary, it’s hugely important.

I’m not aware that they check at audit that you’ve actually paid out what you said you would for the EPA. Thinking about it, I never have any dealings with us paying EPA centres (Finance do that in collaboration with Exams), so I wouldn’t know if they decided to pay a different amount from what’s in our ILR. I will look into that, as I do want to make sure our data is accurate. No idea what the implications are though.

Ruth CJ
    Participant

I just remembered something that someone else said. The Assessment TNP is a price, not a cost. We don’t record the Training TNP as exact costs, it includes profit, so why can’t that follow for the Assessment? It does kind of make a nonsense of separating the Training and Assessment prices.

OFFS
    Participant

In theory at least isn’t the EPA selected by the employer, and the price agreed accordingly ?
    From Apprenticeships_funding_technical_guide_V4.pdf:
    40. The total price agreed with the employer will include the costs of delivering the end-point assessment on apprenticeship standards. You will be responsible for passing on payment for end-point assessment to the Apprentice Assessment Organisation selected by the employer. The cost of end-point assessment may not be the same as the 20% of the total price, which we withhold for completion.

I think there may be a lot providers who, for one reason or another, have the correct sum across TNP (often being the max of the band) but the split between training and assessment has been subject to ‘amendment’ later on.

• This reply was modified 10 months ago by  OFFS.
Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.