EPAO in principle

Feconnect has been replaced by ESFA communities.

Feconnect is read only and it is not possible to create or reply to topics or posts. To search feconnect we suggest you use site specific searches. ESFA Communities is now live. Feconnect users will need to create a new ESFA communities account to post, reply or subscribe for email alerts.

Home Forums Data issues EPAO in principle

This topic contains 7 replies, has 3 voices, and was last updated by  steveh 9 months, 3 weeks ago.

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • Author
  • simonl
    Spectator

Hi, can anyone tell me how I would find out if a standard has an EPAO in principle. A standard is already approved but no EPAO is down on the register yet and we want to start delivering. Do we just have to wait and keep checking the register?

steveh
    Spectator

Yeah, the spreadsheet here:

https://www.gov.uk/guidance/register-of-end-point-assessment-organisations

appears to be the only place this info is held (the link against each standard on ifates’s website just goes here, rather than telling you about the individual standard…).

Would probably advise contacting the trailblazer contact given against the standard on ifate website? Probably depends on the Standard how much feedback you’ll get though…

I’d be wary about starting something without an EPAO, but it’s not against the rules?

simonl
    Spectator

Thanks Steve, thats the actual register but in the rules it mentions EPAOs can have an agreement in principle but I don’t think there is anyway to see who has these other than contact the EPAO themselves.
    I will just hangfire a few weeks to see if the register gets updated as I don’t want to risk putting anyone on if there is not one set up yet.

steveh
    Spectator

The spreadsheet has got 25 “EPAO in principle – application pending” entries, without telling us who they are…

Also ONE HUNDRED AND TEN Standards with no EPAO at all…

Martin Locock
    Spectator

I was looking for the guidance that says that no new starts can enrolled on a standard unless at least one EPAO in principle has been approved – does anyone know where this is?

steveh
    Spectator

That is ringing a vague bell, but can’t see it in the Rules…

This is the only restriction i can see:

P157 At least 3 months before the apprentice reaches the gateway the employer must have:
    P157.1 selected an organisation from the Register of End-Point Assessment Organisations (RoEPAO) to deliver the end-point assessment;
    P157.2 negotiated a price with the end-point assessment organisation. Only those organisations listed on the RoEPAO will be eligible to be funded.

Is it this bit perhaps?

https://www.gov.uk/guidance/register-of-end-point-assessment-organisations

Selecting an organisation when none are listed on the register against an apprenticeship standard
    Employers will not be able to select an end-point assessment organisation for their apprentice until at least one organisation is listed on the register for that apprenticeship standard. We operate a monthly application process for organisations interested in delivering end-point assessment and add to the register regularly.

Which doesn’t *quite* say they can’t start without an EPAO?

simonl
    Spectator

steveh
    Spectator

Oh, well found!

Particularly odd that this wasn’t built into the January Rules update then? I’ve not come across an ILR validation rule that picks this up (which it would need to for non-levy), but then I’m not sure I’ve been working with anyone who has offered one of the new standards?

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.