ERN for Levy Company

Home Forums Data issues ERN for Levy Company

This topic contains 3 replies, has 4 voices, and was last updated by  OFFS 1 week, 2 days ago.

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • Author
  • jcunningham
    Participant

Hello

I’ve always used the place of training for the employer identifier but a discussion with a colleague has sown seeds of doubt in my mind. Her point is if we don’t use the parent company i.e. the one actually paying the levy, how can the ESFA systems match the funding back to the levy paying employer. I’ve looked through the guidance but it doesn’t say for sure not to use the parent company so now I’m a little worried that I have the wrong ERN against my levy apprentices.

Can anyone tell me the answer?

John

Martin West
    Participant

Hi John,
    The simple answer is the A/S does not use the ERN directly to match funding back to he levy paying employer, the primary match is carried out using the ULN and matching this back to the A/S account.
    HTH

Ruth CJ
    Participant

What Martin says.

I’ve said it before, but the ERNs are often junk anyway, so don’t worry too much about it. They don’t use them for anything important. They can’t, because the data quality for the records is terrible.

OFFS
    Participant

Yes, for levy funded learners the employer agreement ID is more significant than the old ERN.

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.