ESA (WRAG)

Home Forums Data issues ESA (WRAG)

Tagged: ,

This topic contains 3 replies, has 3 voices, and was last updated by  Wal_1 2 months ago.

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • Author
  • Wal_1
    Participant

I noticed that in the draft AEB Funding Rule 19-20 para 151.2 one of the unemployed criteria is “receive Employment and Support Allowance (ESA)” while the ILR Specification is saying “Learner is in receipt of Employment and Support Allowance – Work Related Activity Group (ESA WRAG)”. A little bit confused as to which one to follow. I know it is WRAG in 18-19.
    Thanks.

Martin West
    Participant

I think the Employment and Support Allowance groups have been reduced since 18/19

KarenTCLS
    Participant

I noticed the same thing so I logged a support call with the ESFA about it, still not had a response from them. In the 18/19 funding guidance it specifically mentioned that learners in receipt of ESA in one of the work related activity groups were classed as ‘unemploye’, in 19/20 it only refers to ESA (not the WRAG part). In the ILR specification doc the benefit status indicator value 2 still refers to ESA WRAG. Also there is no mention of this change to policy in the summary of changes. I would like confirmation from the ESFA that learners are considered ‘unemployed’ if they are in receipt of ESA regardless of whether they are in a work related activity group or not. The same applies to learners who receive Universal credit and where their earnt income from employment is less than £338/£541. In 18/19 this was only where Jobcentre Plus determined the learner as being in one of the work related/preparation/focused groups. Again it does not mention this in the 19/20 guidance and only refers to universal credit and the earnt income part.

Wal_1
    Participant

Hi KarenTCLS, would love to know the response from ESFA as well.

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.