Evidence for Actual

Home Forums Data issues Evidence for Actual

This topic contains 3 replies, has 3 voices, and was last updated by  Kate 2 weeks, 1 day ago.

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • Author
  • craig0988
    Participant

Hi all,

According to the guidance the evidence pack must include evidence that delivery of off-the-job hours has taken place and the volume of these hours and evidence they met the four tests.

In the past we had learners/tutors updating an excel spreadsheet with dates, activities and hours of GLH for each activity on an ongoing basis but this has been a laborious task e.g.

01/08/2020 – Assignment writing – Leading People assignment research and writing of assignment – 4 hours
    02/08/2020 – Assignment writing – Leading People assignment research and writing of assignment – 4 hours
    03/08/2020 – Project development – Project research and development – 5 hours

Do you think it is enough evidence to have learner/tutors update a spreadsheet to collect hours in a simpler way e.g.

Assignment Writing – Leading People assignment research and writing of assignment – 20 hours
    Project Development – Project research and development – 80 hours

How do you record your actual? Any advice would be appreciated.

Many thanks,
    Craig

steveh
    Participant

oof, I’d be closer to the first one than the second… a lump of 80 hours doesn’t really *evidence* anything?

Might move to weekly over daily, but they really want to see detail on this stuff…

craig0988
    Participant

Thanks for the quick reply Steve, yeah thought that would probably be the best option for us.

Kate
    Participant

At our audit last year they expected to be able to see the times this was completed to be able to verify it was during normal working hours. They queried why we had OTJ hours at 8pm also for one learner – when we pointed out they were on the Commis Chef standard they accepted that these are normal hours for a chef to be employed & therefore, accepted the OTJ!

I would suggest that you have detailed records that link not only to a date/time but also the KSB activity. I would also suggest a regular sign off of this – we do it as a tripartite sign off (as part of reviews) with several verification statements i.e. all completed during normal working hours etc so that we are regularly checking compliance & don’t have any issues on completion.

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.