EW END-POINT ASSESSMENT FLEXIBILITY FOR CALCULATED FUNCTIONAL SKILLS QUALIFICATI

Feconnect has been replaced by ESFA communities.

Feconnect is read only and it is not possible to create or reply to topics or posts. To search feconnect we suggest you use site specific searches. ESFA Communities is now live. Feconnect users will need to create a new ESFA communities account to post, reply or subscribe for email alerts.

Home Forums Data issues EW END-POINT ASSESSMENT FLEXIBILITY FOR CALCULATED FUNCTIONAL SKILLS QUALIFICATI

This topic contains 6 replies, has 2 voices, and was last updated by  Sue Bishop 9 months ago.

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • Author
  • simonl
    Spectator

Hi, I might be getting ahead of myself but regarding the IFA update below does anyone know what we do with the FSkills in the ILR. Do we close them down as complete once we have graded the learner or do we need to wait for the AO to issue the certificates? I understand we can leave the aims open during EPA but they will need closing down if the learner completes.

The Institute is supporting a new temporary flexibility that will enable apprentices to take end point assessment (EPA) ahead of receiving their calculated functional skills qualifications (FSQ) later on in the summer.

With immediate effect as of today [May 22nd] and during the Covid-19 crisis we are permitting the re-sequencing of the EPA process to enable gateway to be passed and EPA to be taken before the FSQ calculated result is received.

Sue Bishop
    Spectator

If it’s of any help, Simon, our EPAO have confirmed that assessment will not be held up, but that any award of an apprenticeship completion certificate will be held back until the FS confirmation (or awarding body certificate) is uploaded to the portal and approved by the relevant EPAO.

I think that might answer your question.

Regards,

Sue

simonl
    Spectator

Thanks Sue

simonl
    Spectator

Hi Sue

Just out of interest how are you going to record these? Are you going to close them down as complete on the ILR or wait until you get the confirmation from the AOs? We have been told end of July from TQUK and Pearson but will have learners pass their EPA before this time.

Sue Bishop
    Spectator

Hi Simon

In the spirit of transparency, correctness and audit, I won’t be marking anyone as ‘achieved’ until I have confirmation of FS awards from the AO (we use Pearsons and have been told to expect pass or fail confirmation mid June, which I think is an ambitious target). We will already know from the EPAO whether the learner has passed the situational judgement test and multi choice questions so as far as I am concerned once I hear from Pearsons that they are in agreement with our FS judgements, I’m closing down the record as achieved. Even if we have to wait until P12 submission, that’s OK. It would be an administrative disaster if we went by EPAO results and then didn’t have the mandatory FS to back the achievement up. I’m just playing safe, even if it does mean achievement payment is delayed by a month or two.

Sue

simonl
    Spectator

Thanks Sue, our gaffer is not as patient so wanting achievement payment asap in order to pay the EPAO which I can understand.

Sue Bishop
    Spectator

I totally get that, Simon, but I’d be worried if Pearsons overturned my anticipated FS result, which would be a nightmare in terms of turning around a decision you made on the ILR and the implications associated with that. Could you have a discussion with your EPAO to delay payment of EPA invoice?

Sue

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.