Extra funding if a learner has an EHCP

Feconnect has been replaced by ESFA communities.

Feconnect is read only and it is not possible to create or reply to topics or posts. To search feconnect we suggest you use site specific searches. ESFA Communities is now live. Feconnect users will need to create a new ESFA communities account to post, reply or subscribe for email alerts.

Home Forums Data issues Extra funding if a learner has an EHCP

This topic contains 1 reply, has 2 voices, and was last updated by  Martin West 2 months ago.

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
  • Author

  • Lisa


    In terms of EHCPs and Apprenticeships, I have been told there is a £1000 which can be claimed just by the fact that they have an EHCP. This is to help fund support and there is no need to produce ongoing evidence. This being in addition to the £150 that can be claimed monthly.

    I am struggling to find any guidance …..how is this done? is there a LDM code? Also if a traineeship has a EHCP is this funding available to them too?

    many thanks in anticipation of some clarification,



    Martin West

    Hi Lisa,
    It is in the Apprenticeship funding rules:
    P116 The apprentice will be eligible for a payment if they have been in the care of the local authority as defined in paragraph P117. See paragraphs P125 to P132 for more information on the care leaver’s bursary.
    P117 A child in care is defined as:
    P117.1 an eligible child – a young person who is 16 or 17 and who has been looked after by a UK local authority/health and social care trust for at least a period of 13 weeks since the age of 14, and who is still looked after;
    P117.2 a relevant child – a young person who is 16 or 17 who has left care within the UK after their 16th birthday and before leaving care was an eligible child; or
    P117.3 a former relevant child – a young person who is aged between 18 and 21 (up to their 25th birthday if they are in education or training) who, before turning 18, was either an eligible or a relevant child.
    P118 Before you claim and are paid any additional payments, you must have evidence that you are eligible for them in respect of each apprentice. You must check this and either their employer or the apprentice must provide you with evidence to keep in the evidence pack. You must then report the appropriate code in the ILR.
    Entitlement to 16-18 apprenticeship funding where the learner is 19 or over.
    Record EEF code 2 when:
    • the apprentice is restarting a programme on or after their 19th birthday but is entitled to 16-18 funding.
    the apprentice is aged 19-24 and has an EHC plan.
    • the apprentice has transferred to a new apprenticeship pathway within the same framework and programme type, was aged 16-18 at the start of the programme, and is aged 19+ when they transfer to the new pathway.
    Recording Learner FAM
    • Education Health Care Plan: use EHC1 if the student has an EHC plan


Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.