FIS Binary task error code 0008

Home Forums Data issues FIS Binary task error code 0008

This topic contains 13 replies, has 4 voices, and was last updated by  Martin West 5 years, 5 months ago.

Viewing 14 posts - 1 through 14 (of 14 total)
  • Author
  • Martin West
    Participant

After the FIS Application update today to Version 1.2.35.19231 from 1.2.33.19104
    I have rerun a file previously tested without error before the update but this now produces an error on Execution of the SFA Funding Rulebase.
    Has anyone else tried the update and if you have, do you get an error?

Caspar Verney
    Participant

Hi Martin,

Sadly I still cannot use FIS, so I can’t comment on your specific query, but do you mean an ordinary Error is reported by FIS (like the normal Warnings & Errors that you get when your data isn’t quite right)? Or do you mean that FIS fails in some way?

If the former, then doesn’t that mean they have simply tweaked the rule base somehow?

Caspar

Martin West
    Participant

Hi Caspar,
    Yes this does seem to be a failure to execute the SFA Funding Rulebase so it could be down to an issue with my data but not knowing what issue the update was aimed to address I am completely in the dark as I expect the other mushrooms will be if they get the same error.
    Regards

jcunningham
    Participant

Hello Martin

No errors for me.

Johhn

Martin West
    Participant

Hi John,
    I am running the following where the application and LARS were updated today, are you using the same as if you are it is probably a data issue with my ILR file.
    Application Version: 1.2.35.19231
    Component Set Version: 014
    LARS Data: 22
    Organisations Data: 28
    Postcode Data: 8
    Large Employer Data: 5

Regards

Anonymous

Hi

We are currently in the deployment window for R09 (See Maintenance Schedule) and the new elements for the FIS are currently mid deployment. I would suggest you wait until the morning for deployment to complete.

Trevor

jcunningham
    Participant

Martin

Everything on my FIS matches yours

Regards

John

Martin West
    Participant

Hi Trevor,
    Thanks for the info but it would better policy for the SFA to let us know what updates to expect prior to deployment.
    If there are no further updates to what I have already tested I do not see what difference it will make by waiting until the morning.
    Regards

Martin West
    Participant

Hi John,
    Thanks for confirming that, it must be an issue caused by my ILR data but I expect they will tell us at some point what the update was for so I can then try to figure it out.
    Regards

Martin West
    Participant

Hi Trevor,
    I have updated FIS again today but still having the same Error
    The error is Oracle.Determinations.Masquerade.Lang.IllegalArgumentException: Temporal value contains bad change point dates after 2017-08-01
    This relates to Higher Apprenticeships (Level 5) in particular Framework 602 Health (Assistant Practitioner) Pathway 1 where aim 60086671 Diploma for Assistant Practitioners in Healthcare (QCF) is used, this aim no longer has an effective funding rate listed in LARS after 01/08/2014.
    If I exclude all Higher Apprenticeship (21) then all records validate as previously for R08 so there is an issue and I have advised CDS but not anticipating an early resolution until someone accepts there is a problem.

Anonymous

Hi Martin
    Thanks for the detail. we have taken this up with the LARS Team and it seems there is an error in the data in the latest upload. we have set in motion the process to get this corrected before we open formally for R09.

Trevor

Caspar Verney
    Participant

It is tremendous that Trevor is an active participant on FeConnect and able to act with such authority.

However I must voice the concern that the Data Service Service Desk is progressively being eroded (which has been a topic on FeConnect before) and this instance once again illustrates how ineffective it is at getting the right message through to the right person, whereas this thread has reached exactly the right person to get something done about a genuine problem with all speed.

Can anyone at the Authorities help with this? Or is this the way that we shall best resolve issues in the future?

Many thanks,
    Caspar

Anonymous

Hi Martin

We have just published LARS 25 with a correction made to your aim.

Apologies for the inconvenience caused by this error.

As to the route for reporting things that should of course be via the CDS Service Desk. Additional comment here is of course encouraged as it enables the Collection Management Team to act quickly if we see a thread where we can act without the involvement of software development suppliers as in this case.

Trevor

Martin West
    Participant

Hi Trevor,
    Thanks for the intervention which has successfully resulted in a resolution to the problem.
    I always check FIS updates when they are released as there have been issues in the past where early identification of problems is necessary as the pre testing of updates is at the very least ineffective.
    It has taken me a few hours of work to identify the issue but I did in the first instance report this to CDS but with no response excepting the incident acknowledgement email.
    I think what Caspar has highlighted is more to do with the credibility of CDS Service Desk in that it does need experts to answer questions be they rule or software related but I will continue to report issues to them even though most times it is only an email sent into the abyss.
    Again thank you for your help.
    We need more experts.
    Regards

Viewing 14 posts - 1 through 14 (of 14 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.