FIS Export to MSAccess Error 0008

Home Forums Data issues FIS Export to MSAccess Error 0008

This topic contains 11 replies, has 10 voices, and was last updated by  lapsed_user 6 years, 7 months ago.

Viewing 12 posts - 1 through 12 (of 12 total)
  • Author
    Posts

  • trainingprovider
    Participant

    Hi All

    Anyone else experiencing a ‘helpful’ 0008 error when exporting from FIS to MDB?
    Before I hassle my software supplier I thought I would ask the ‘oracle’!
    Data Service are ‘looking into it’

    Thanks

     
    #6168

    bexwsm
    Participant

    Yes I am getting this error as well, it worked fine this morning. Lunchtime it updated and now no joy. grrrr

     
    #6170

    jowright
    Participant

    You’re lucky – I just got a “Task Error”. I am waiting for a response from DS too.

     
    #6172

    Simon Dukes
    Participant

    I cannot export. When the job gets to Export XML_Filenames data to Access it has task started then task error.

     
    #6173

    lapsed_user
    Participant

    Yep same here 🙁

    Steve

     
    #6177

    Caspar Verney
    Participant

    I think it is time for a name change as FIS is so unreliable – how about Learner Actual Remaining Funding System?

     
    #6181

    craig0988
    Participant

    Yeah I have this error too.

    I haven’t been able to get it to export to access since FIS has been installed, so therefore unable to use DSAT – just been having to create my own reports in Maytas which produces the same/similar reports.
    I was getting the error code 0008 all last week too but at a different point of the export – ‘Export FM35 Learning Delivery Period’. Now it is at ‘Export XML_FileNames data’ which everyone seems to be having issues with now. Hopefully hear back from the DS soon about it.

     
    #6182

    jowright
    Participant

    Dream on craig

     
    #6184

    Martin West
    Participant

    You would have thought they would at least test an update before release.

     
    #6187
    SFA STAFF

    Hi Folks,

    The latest FIS known issues doc identifies an issue in FIS component set 015 which prevents ILR data being exported as an Access database file (MDB).

    Providers are advised to use an older component set e.g. 014 to export ILR data to an Access database. Component set 015 only contains a fix to the amalgamation functionality so the impact of using the older component set is minimal.

    See FIS known issues: version 4 (24 April 2014) 4.4.3 for full details.
    https://www.gov.uk/government/publications/individualised-learner-record-ilr-check-that-data-is-accurate

    Cheers
    Greta

     
    #6221

    kelseyl
    Participant

    I too am getting this error and have logged it with the Service Desk, although I dread to think how long it will take them to respond as I’ve just had the standard ‘depending on the complexity of the issue’ email which does not fill me with hope. Letting off steam I find it so frustrating, I have management needing ProAchieve updating urgently and because of the way we do our course set up it has to be the Access file import. Without this I’m unable to do my job and am unable to produce any accurate meaningful data!

    I’m now off yet again to build a brick wall to bang my head against as I feel this will be more productive than trying to work with these systems!!!

     
    #6222

    lapsed_user
    Participant

    Yeh I’ve just read that, trying it now and it seems to be exporting fine (slow but working 🙂 )

    Thanks

    Steve

     
    #6223
Viewing 12 posts - 1 through 12 (of 12 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.