FIS Export to MSAccess Error 0008

Home Forums Data issues FIS Export to MSAccess Error 0008

This topic contains 11 replies, has 10 voices, and was last updated by  lapsed_user 6 years, 7 months ago.

Viewing 12 posts - 1 through 12 (of 12 total)
  • Author
  • trainingprovider
    Participant

Hi All

Anyone else experiencing a ‘helpful’ 0008 error when exporting from FIS to MDB?
    Before I hassle my software supplier I thought I would ask the ‘oracle’!
    Data Service are ‘looking into it’

Thanks

bexwsm
    Participant

Yes I am getting this error as well, it worked fine this morning. Lunchtime it updated and now no joy. grrrr

jowright
    Participant

You’re lucky – I just got a “Task Error”. I am waiting for a response from DS too.

Simon Dukes
    Participant

I cannot export. When the job gets to Export XML_Filenames data to Access it has task started then task error.

lapsed_user
    Participant

Yep same here 🙁

Steve

Caspar Verney
    Participant

I think it is time for a name change as FIS is so unreliable – how about Learner Actual Remaining Funding System?

craig0988
    Participant

Yeah I have this error too.

I haven’t been able to get it to export to access since FIS has been installed, so therefore unable to use DSAT – just been having to create my own reports in Maytas which produces the same/similar reports.
    I was getting the error code 0008 all last week too but at a different point of the export – ‘Export FM35 Learning Delivery Period’. Now it is at ‘Export XML_FileNames data’ which everyone seems to be having issues with now. Hopefully hear back from the DS soon about it.

jowright
    Participant

Dream on craig

Martin West
    Participant

You would have thought they would at least test an update before release.

SFA STAFF

Hi Folks,

The latest FIS known issues doc identifies an issue in FIS component set 015 which prevents ILR data being exported as an Access database file (MDB).

Providers are advised to use an older component set e.g. 014 to export ILR data to an Access database. Component set 015 only contains a fix to the amalgamation functionality so the impact of using the older component set is minimal.

See FIS known issues: version 4 (24 April 2014) 4.4.3 for full details.
    https://www.gov.uk/government/publications/individualised-learner-record-ilr-check-that-data-is-accurate

Cheers
    Greta

kelseyl
    Participant

I too am getting this error and have logged it with the Service Desk, although I dread to think how long it will take them to respond as I’ve just had the standard ‘depending on the complexity of the issue’ email which does not fill me with hope. Letting off steam I find it so frustrating, I have management needing ProAchieve updating urgently and because of the way we do our course set up it has to be the Access file import. Without this I’m unable to do my job and am unable to produce any accurate meaningful data!

I’m now off yet again to build a brick wall to bang my head against as I feel this will be more productive than trying to work with these systems!!!

lapsed_user
    Participant

Yeh I’ve just read that, trying it now and it seems to be exporting fine (slow but working 🙂 )

Thanks

Steve

Viewing 12 posts - 1 through 12 (of 12 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.