FIS and the Learner Entry Tool for 2019 to 2020 – available to download now

Home Forums FIS and the Learner Entry Tool for 2019 to 2020 – available to download now

Tagged: 

This topic contains 26 replies, has 20 voices, and was last updated by  Karen R 10 hours, 10 minutes ago.

Viewing 2 posts - 26 through 27 (of 27 total)
  • Author
  • Peter Talbot
    Participant

SQL export works fine for us. I happen to be using SQL Server 2014 Express, but the release notes say it will work with SQL Server 2017. Perhaps you are trying to use integrated Windows authentication? I’d advise using a SQL username with sysadmin privileges initially. You have to put the password in plaintext in the connection string, which is pretty insecure, but if this works then you can tighten up security later. Make sure you’ve got SQL Client software working properly and use SQL Server Management Studio to examine the results.
    FIS configuration is stored in ESFA.DC.ILR.Desktop.WPF.exe.Config so you should see something like:
    <appSettings>
    <clear />
    <add key=”IlrDatabaseConnectionString” value=”Server=MYPCNAME\SQLEXPRESS;Initial Catalog=ILR1920;Uid=sa;Pwd=12345″ />
    <add key=”OutputDirectory” value=”C:\Users\Me\Documents\FISWorkspace” />
    <add key=”ExportToSQL” value=”True” />
    </appSettings>
    You have to have exclusive read/write access to the folder into which you unzip FIS, as the software writes temp files there. So its probably best to run it on the C: drive of a standalone PC, with a local admin user, at least to start with.
    Hope this helps.

Karen R
    Participant

Thank you – it was the sysadmin permissions.

Viewing 2 posts - 26 through 27 (of 27 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.