FIS install- won't go past Storage Settings

Home Forums Data issues FIS install- won't go past Storage Settings

This topic contains 9 replies, has 3 voices, and was last updated by  lapsed_user 6 years ago.

Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)
  • Author
  • lapsed_user
    Participant

Hi,

I am trying to install FIS and I cannot get it to go past the Storage Setting window. I do not change any of the settings and click save but it repeatedly re-appears so I cannot install the updates and get FIS running.

I haven’t previously had a problem with installing FIS on my computer and it is also having the same problem on a colleague’s computer- any advice?

Caspar Verney
    Participant

Hi Jenni,

I am sure that I heard of this same problem before on here, but I’m darned if I can remember what the trick is. Suggestions:

1/ Check the FIS Installation instructions and follow them to the letter as there may be a seemingly trivial step that you have missed.

2/ Check what provider you have selected (it may mention this in the install instructions)

Sorry not to know the absolute answer, but maybe someone will know next week.

HTH,
    Caspar

Martin West
    Participant

Try increasing the number of component and reference data limits

Caspar Verney
    Participant

Re-reading your original post, are you by any chance trying to re-install, as opposed to a first-time installation on a PC? If so then there may still be residual bits of a previous installation (such as within SQL Server) that are fighting with your new installation.

HTH,
    Caspar

lapsed_user
    Participant

Martin- I don’t think I even have the option to amend them at the point in the install I get to, can you remind me where I amend these?

Casper- I have had FIS on my computer before, however my colleague hasn’t and we are both faced with the same issue. I have tried to follow the instructions provided to clear residual SQL files, but I don’t have the SQL management software.

Martin West
    Participant

Hi Jenni,
    You may to do a clean install with the default 2012 Server to get over the data issues caused by a previous installation. If you do it this way you would not need SQL management software.

lapsed_user
    Participant

Martin, is this a case of clicking the ‘clean install’ when I re-install FIS? This I have done, but in the same situation. I have actually uninstalled SQL entirely and re-installed it.

Martin West
    Participant

Hi Jenni,
    When you installed SQL Server 2012 you may have named it differently to the default ‘SQLExpress’ that is required in the storage settings.
    The best approach is to uninstall everything and let the FIS installation programme install SQL Server Express and FIS as a clean install.

lapsed_user
    Participant

Hi Martin,
    I have tried that unfortunately.
    Tempted to do a system restore as feel like I’m running out of options!

lapsed_user
    Participant

I managed to resolve the problem on both computer.

As Martin suggested, a complete uninstall of all SQL Service programmes followed by a clean FIS install worked on my colleagues computer.

For my own computer I uninstalled FIS and then removed all the log files, followed by a clean install.

Thank you for your help.

Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.