Fis.mdb changes

Feconnect has been replaced by ESFA communities.

Feconnect is read only and it is not possible to create or reply to topics or posts. To search feconnect we suggest you use site specific searches. ESFA Communities is now live. Feconnect users will need to create a new ESFA communities account to post, reply or subscribe for email alerts.

Home Forums Data issues Fis.mdb changes

This topic contains 3 replies, has 4 voices, and was last updated by  Paul Dallaway 6 years, 2 months ago.

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • Author
  • Simon Cruddace
    Spectator

Just a heads-up that 3 fields in 3 of the tables in the Fis.mdb export have been renamed, one of which broke one of my reports!

The table/fields are:

In LearnerDVs, field called HiALSCost is now called HiNeedsStud
    In LearnerEmpStat, field called ESMType_SME is now ESMType_SEM
    In LearningDeliveryDVs, App1925Fund is now App1923Fund

TimDavies
    Spectator

Allow me to share some of the minutes from a Software Suppliers Meeting with SFA in July.

The group were also asked about making changes to the FIS export mdb. There are some minor fixes needed, for instance to remove columns that will never be populated and rename some fields. Based on the information presented, the group’s view was that they would prefer these changes not to be made, saying that this would introduce risk and cost without any tangible benefit other than ‘tidying up’. The suggestion was not to implement these changes until the next round of business critical changes. If critical then at least one or two months notice would be needed and there would have to be a guaranteed go live date so that provider MI systems could be updated exactly in line with FIS. A test system for providers to check this before the release
    Minutes for meeting on 8 July 2014 NOT PROTECTIVELY MARKED
    Software writer group 5 of 6
    would be very beneficial. The group suggested issuing a script to rename columns rather than amending the database.

Caspar Verney
    Spectator

So was prior notice and testing allowed for by anyone, as agreed?

I am not aware of any.

Does the left hand know what the right hand is doing?

Victor Meldrew (again!)

Paul Dallaway
    Spectator

I was working on importing data from FIS DB exports yesterday and noticed that all dates are in DD/MM/YYYY format except for DateOfBirth in ILR1415_Learner which is YYYY-MM-DD and is stored as a 10 character text field.

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.