FIS RULE 20 AND 21 ERRORS

Home Forums Data issues FIS RULE 20 AND 21 ERRORS

This topic contains 6 replies, has 3 voices, and was last updated by  lapsed_user 5 years, 7 months ago.

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • Author
  • lapsed_user
    Participant

I am receiving Rule 20 and 21 errors for ALL of our apprentices and I am at a loss how get rid of them. Rule 20 covers overlapping competency aims. We do start functional skills at the same time but this has not been a problem in the past.

Rule 21 – if learners have the same learning aim reference recorded more than once. We have sampled our apprentices with more than one POT and all learning aims have been closed before starting the second POT.

We use Maytas if that is any help. We have also asked the Service Desk but they have only quoted the definition for Rules 20 and 21.

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Jackie

lapsed_user
    Participant

Hi Jackie
    There are 2 possible reasons I can think of for this. Firstly, on Maytas if certain changes are made to the ILR it will ask you when you want the changes to be made from. If you do not select the start date it will then create a second version of the POT which causes all data to be duplicated. You can check this by clicking on the dropdown next to ‘version’ on the actions screen (underneath POT). If there are two versions you will need to delete the record and re-input I’m afraid

The second possibility is to check that all learning aims on the second POT need to start at least the day after the first POT was closed.

Hope this helps
    Helen

lapsed_user
    Participant

Many thanks Helen, however it is affecting all of our learners including apprentices with only one POT. I currently have over 1600 errors.

lapsed_user
    Participant

In that case Jackie, I would contact Tribal – if it’s affecting all of your learners it’s possible that your UKPRN may be duplicating somewhere
    Thanks
    Helen

lapsed_user
    Participant

Thanks Helen, will do.

Jackie

Caspar Verney
    Participant

Hi Jackie,

It sounds like Tribal would be a good place to ask for help.

However you can have a look yourself at your ILR XML file by opening it in something like Notepad and then looking at what is in there for one single learner to see if you can see anything duplicated. This suggestion requires a degree of familiarity with the XML file structure, but it is what I would do.

HTH,
    Caspar

lapsed_user
    Participant

Brilliant, many thanks Caspar. I will get our IT expert on to it.

Jackie

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.