FM 36 Learner Level Summary Reports

Home Forums Data issues FM 36 Learner Level Summary Reports

This topic contains 13 replies, has 5 voices, and was last updated by  Ivor 4 days, 6 hours ago.

Viewing 14 posts - 1 through 14 (of 14 total)
  • Author
  • Caz
    Participant

Hi
    I may be a little late to the party on this one…, but i only work 2 days per month and have some catching up to do!
    I’ve just stumbled upon the FM 36 Reports, and have downloaded and started looking at R1, R2, R3.
    Apart from the ‘help using this page’ section at the bottom is there any other Guidance or Notes available?

Do you know if the errors/issues raised are carried forward from one submission to another? I have an alarming number of ‘completion holdback’ showing in R1, who do not appear again in R2 or R3. Does this mean they are now cleared? Or still outstanding?

At first glance if i’m to believe the information listed on the reports, then our payments would be significantly lower than they actually are.

Any guidance/tips would be greatly appreciated – i will be tackling these tomorrow.
    Thx.

Martin West
    Participant

Have you seen this: Understand your payment guidance

Total earnings for this period
    The calculated value of your learning delivery for the latest complete month in this period, provided it falls within the current funding year.

Earnings released from previous periods
    Earnings that are typically unlocked from a previous month they were not paid.

Data locks
    Data locks are caused by missing learner records on an ILR submission or where ILR information does not match the apprenticeship service.

Completion holdbacks
    An End Point Assessment has been completed but the required employer co-investment hasn’t been recorded on the ILR. The value represents the amount of completion earnings that have not been paid.

Clawbacks
    Where earnings have gone down from a previous period, your payments are reduced as a result.

Other or known issues
    Issues not caused by data lock, completion holdback, clawback or anything listed on your summary. And you have not been paid enough to match your earnings.

ESFA planned payment
    Planned payments based on this ILR (does not include payments claimed from EAS) but calculated before considering the maximum contract values.

Co-investment payments to collect
    The portion of your payment that must be provided by the employer, following the ESFA having made a co-invested payment.

shtin
    Participant

Hi Martin,

Can we do anything about the clawbacks? Do we (provider) get paid less as the result?
    Many thanks.

Martin West
    Participant

Hi,
    Clawbacks may be a result of a late notification of a withdrawal or similar activity on the ILR and as such the ESFA are only taking back the funding that was not earned by the provider.
    HTH

shtin
    Participant

Thanks Martin. That’s what I thought. However, we are seeing clawbacks on the report for the apprentices who are continuing (no breaks/withdrawals). Do you know any other resaons please? Thank you.

Martin West
    Participant

The employer may have stopped or paused the Apprentice or you have Dlock or validation errors, you will need to check the learners on the data report where you can filter by clawback and then check them against the payments report.

shtin
    Participant

Thanks Martin. The employer hasn’t stopped on DAS or there is no dlock.
    I have also checked against the payment report. I found continuing students who have clawbacks have less amount paid than last year. It is not consistent because there are also continuing apprentices but no clawbacks and get paid the same amount as last year.

Do you think we should ask ESFA?
    Many thanks.

Martin West
    Participant

I have found that where I had amounts less than last year it was down to late completion or withdrawal of FS aims but have not identified any reported where there was no clawback.

If your are different and you think incorrect then you should take it up with the ESFA.
    HTH

shtin
    Participant

Thanks Martin. I’ll ask ESFA. Hopefully I’ll get an answer.

Martin West
    Participant

Post deleted

• This reply was modified 5 days, 6 hours ago by  Martin West.

Ivor
    Participant

Hi,

can anyone help with these numbers please.

The R03 funding summary report shows 5 learners with completion holdbacks but there’s only 3 on the detailed download report! Where can I find the missing 2 please? (It’s not in the R01 or R02 as there are none there).

Additionally, the R14 FM36 summary report is missing/has no data; is this due to a glitch somewhere?

Thanks,
    Ivor

Martin West
    Participant

Hi Ivor,
    I think there may be an issue with the report as on mine it says 2 completion holdbacks and the value is zero and they are not on the data report spreadsheet.
    I also think the R14 FM36 summary is delayed or has not been issued.
    HTH

Dave
    Participant

Hi All
    I have spoken with the ESFA, they told me that there is an error in issuing R14 FM36.
    Not hopeful it will be processed as i was advised to check my reports for the info.
    Thanks
    Dave

Ivor
    Participant

Thanks Martin and Dave,

without numbers I know nothing (Kelvin, ironically came up with absolute zero) but with these numbers I know even less.

Kind regards,
    Ivor

Viewing 14 posts - 1 through 14 (of 14 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.