FRM 12

Home Forums Data issues FRM 12

This topic contains 8 replies, has 6 voices, and was last updated by  Martin West 3 months, 2 weeks ago.

Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)
  • Author
  • Mark
    Participant

As anyone found that this report has changed from June and now includes a lot more records?

Until two months ago ours had six learners, all with the same employer and we have a justification for those to explain to any auditor. They were a small employer when these learners started and are much larger now. As a side issue this has now resulted in achievement payments being withheld along with incentives and I am arguing this point with the help desk.

So, with this months report we have 80+ names and after spending a lot of time adding names and company details we can see a lot should not be on this report. It is now showing for instance levy employers who fell out of levy in May and co-invest starts for April and May. With the best will in the world if you found out two weeks ago a levy employer does not have enough funds, there is no way you can invoice them, collect payment and record it in the ILR in a week. Even if you could there is no ILR upload in that week. Including recent starts is also pointless, as you have to allow time to invoice and collect payment.

This report has gone from being useful to useless.

If there were going to be changes, what would be of more use is to identify those where payment is outstanding by 90+ days and completion payments have been withheld.

Getting a long list every month like this means you are not likely to use the report in the first place. The poor formatting does not help either, there are random blank lines and some cells are split, this means you cannot filter reliably.

darrenvidler
    Participant

Ours went from just over 30 to over 500 this month. Again, similar issues with split rows and an inability to filter properly.

jessicar
    Participant

Issues here as well, although i have worked out the reason for a few on our list.

We have apprentices on FRM12 who have the small employer declaration ticked. When i ve looked back at the co-ivestment Hub report, its saying £XX.XX co-investment was due in a previous funding year. I ve checked our records and the 1718 R14 Monthly Payment Report and the co-investment owed was calculating up to the point i recorded the small employer declaration in the ILR. As soon as i recorded the small employer dec, the co-investment stopped appearing for the subsequent months.
    I seem to think this was recognised as an issue last year and seem to think they were going to fix it for R14, but doesn’t seem to have happened.

So we have learners who are on the report as they think co-investment was due from a previous year, but thats only because their reports weren’t working correctly in 1718.

Email to ESFA helpdesk is on the way . . . .

sambern
    Participant

I noticed this on the hub today and remembered this thread. It might be useful to this issue. See below.

This release includes a data fix which affects reports FRM12 and FRM15. Some providers may notice a significant increase in the number of records appearing in these reports from R10 onwards.

For FRM12, these reports should now align to the funding reports on the Hub that highlight where employer co-investment is required. You will need to collect co-investment for the apprenticeships on this report.

For FRM15, apprentices on standards must have an EPAO recorded. Please review and update the EPAO where appropriate.​

Martin West
    Participant

This is reported as a known issue but has been correct from R10

Report FRM12 have been incorrectly excluding programmes which have no payment (PMR) records against them.

Some providers may notice a significant increase in the number of records appearing in these reports.
    For FRM12, these reports should now align to the funding reports on the Hub that highlight where employer co-investment is required. You will need to collect co-investment for the apprenticeships on this report.

jessicar
    Participant

Part of the issue is that the 1819 Hub reports are incorrect because the 1718 Hub reports were incorrect.

Not every row obviously but its an issue we ve found.

No response from ESFA yet though.

Matt
    Participant

I have a number of apprentices from levy providers appearing on here where the Total Negotiated Price = Funding Band Max, so I can’t see a reason they would be on here. Is there anything else to check?

Does this FRM report have the ability to query the employer’s levy pot and check if it’s run out of funds and therefore switching to a co-investment model?

sambern
    Participant

On this report I believe you should be checking that the two columns Employer Co Investment Required and Training Payments Received are similar or match. They need to match completely by a learners completion/withdrawal and should be updated a minimum of every three months. Depending on how you invoice and receive payments they may not match completely until the end of programme.

Levy employers appear on here once they have used up their Levy Pot. However you don’t receive any notice of this happening other then the learner being added to the Co-Investment report that is generated in the App Monthly reports on the hub. So it’s a good one to check every month.

Martin West
    Participant

Hi,
    If you use the Period end final Apps Monthly Payment Report and filter it by apprenticeship contract type (column AC) this will indicate if their levy A/C was short of funds in any month as the monthly columns for co-investment due from employer will contain the amount of co-investment required.
    Column FC will indicate the total co-investment (below band upper limit) due from employer to date in the current year.
    HTH

Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.