Funding for overseas national

Home Forums Data issues Funding for overseas national

This topic contains 1 reply, has 2 voices, and was last updated by  steveh 2 months, 1 week ago.

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
  • Author

  • old25


    We have someone interested in doing a Maths and English course working to a level 2 qualification. The learner is an overseas National but has not been in the UK for over 3 years, they also have on their residents permit that they can not receive public funds. Can they be funded for maths and English or do they need to be in the UK for 3 years and does their permit status restrict them from getting funding?

    Any help would be appreciated




    No, yes, no 😉

    So, an non-EEA national on, for example, a work visa, needs to be here for three years to be fundable [para 40], assuming they don’t fit any of the exceptional categories [paras 41-52].

    Once they have passed three years they are fundable as a home student.

    “No recourse to public funds” does not effect ESFA funding [para 42].

    all refs to AEB rules here:

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.