Further Education Provider goes bankrupt

Home Forums Data issues Further Education Provider goes bankrupt

This topic contains 3 replies, has 3 voices, and was last updated by  Dave 7 years, 2 months ago.

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • Author
  • Dave
    Participant

If a FE centre were to go bust, would some of their current on programme learners be entitled to restart at another centre?

Would that centre be allowed to claim full funding for them?

Martin West
    Participant

Hi Dave,

It is normal practice that the agencies arrange for other providers to continue the training/learning the learners were undertaking.
    The provider may be able to claim full fees but this will be dependent upon the prior learning/accreditation that the learner had already achieved.

Hope that helps

David Neal
    Participant

Dave

In principle I can’t see any reason why they couldn’t restart at another lead provider. I can only comment specifically on “workplace” and “apprenticeship” but, from experience, the SFA work with the provider and the learners to ensure their learning is disrupted as little as possible and to place them with another provider where appropriate.

With regard to funding, the previous provider would have claimed all/part of the funding and the Funding Rules 2012/13 para 2.2 clearly state that providers must not claim funding for any part of the learner’s programme that duplicates that received from any other source. Next year’s rules, para 8, say you must not claim funding for any learner’s learning aim or programme that duplicates provision they have received from any any other source. Thus the new provider could claim the proportion remaining. I think the SFA may authorise a higher funding claim depending on the circumstances.

Hope this helps

David

Dave
    Participant

Thanks for the replies.

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.