Getting paid for 16-18 traineeships

Home Forums Data issues Getting paid for 16-18 traineeships

Tagged: , ,

This topic contains 6 replies, has 3 voices, and was last updated by  Caspar Verney 5 years, 4 months ago.

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • Author
  • sophie
    Participant

We had, at the end of January, 2 16-18 trainees. Their funding is covered in our SFA contract under a separate “16-18 traineeships” line. We have entered 25 as the funding stream and the two trainees are showing on the EFA funding claim report – so far so good ! However, this month’s SFA remittance didn’t include payment for the two trainees.

How and when can we expect to get paid ?

Also, the EFA funding claim report shows all the funding due. What would happens if one of the trainees was to dropout ?

Many thanks in advance.

Caspar Verney
    Participant

Have you tried ringing the SFA Accounting Services on 024 7682 3260? You need to quote your Provider Account number, but they should know whether the payment is hidden within others on your Remittance, or whether you have not been paid it (although they may not know exactly why).

HTH,
    Caspar

laurarice
    Participant

Sorry I can’t help with the above query Sophie, but on this subject I was wondering whether someone could help re this subject.
    Our College are running Traineeships for 16 – 23 year olds and have EFA & SFA allocations. We are flagging our 16-19 year olds in the ILR as SOF 107 as advised by the Provider Support Manual, but my query is regarding when the funding for these comes in who is paying for these – the EFA or the SFA? I earlier contacted the SFA Accounts team who said I need to flag these as SFA in the ILR, but that contradicts the Provider Support Manual.
    Any help gratefully received.
    Many thanks
    Laura

Caspar Verney
    Participant

Hi Laura,

In my opinion the SFA Accounts team are correct. The SOF107 decides that the EFA pays and SOF105 means the SFA pays.

Traineeships are all ultimately EFA funded, but for those using SFA funding they are still FundModel 25, but SOF105. This means that the SFA pay and then reclaim from the EFA. It also means that EFA Rules apply, apart from how the SFA actually pay, which is by monthly installments against actual ILR Returns instead of the EFA approach. That is how I understand it anyway.

HTH,
    Caspar

laurarice
    Participant

Thanks Caspar for your reply. Much appreciated.

sophie
    Participant

ah, we have entered SOF 107 for our trainees instead of 105 – I wonder if that’s why we aren’t being paid ?

Caspar Verney
    Participant

Hi Sophie,

I think it sounds like you may have put your finger on it! I would try changing it to SOF105 and making a Return as early as possible so that you look at your resulting PFR and see if money is appearing each month.

HTH,
    Caspar

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.