has something changed re: learner delivery HE?

From Thursday 10 December, feconnect will be replaced by ESFA Communities.

Feconnect is being replaced by a more robust, accessible service. ESFA Communities is now live and so feconnect will be read only from Thursday 10 December 2020. From this date it will not be possible to create or reply to topics or posts. Feconnect users will need to create a new ESFA communities account to post, reply or subscribe for email alerts.

Home Forums Data issues has something changed re: learner delivery HE?

This topic contains 14 replies, has 4 voices, and was last updated by  Josh 2 years ago.

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 15 total)
  • Author
  • robS4S
    Participant

We have 50 apprentices and the R03 return had no errors and no warnings, FIS and HUB.

But with a freshly updated FIS we now have over 900 errors and 20 warnings.

They range from PCFLDCS_01 which was discussed
    http://feconnect.education.gov.uk/forums/topic/advice-to-fix-pcfldcs_01validation-error/

through
    PCFLDCS_02
    PCSLDCS_01
    QUALENT3_03
    DOMICILE_01
    NETFEE_01
    NUMHUS_01
    STULOAD_04

has something fundamentally changed regarding the recording of learner delivery HE records?
    or is this more FIS issues?

jessc21
    Participant

http://feconnect.education.gov.uk/forums/topic/advice-to-fix-pcfldcs_01validation-error/

This was posted on the above thread yesterday by an ESFA member of staff:

Dear colleagues,

please note that this we have identified a defect with the rule name PCFLDCS_01
    and it is being modified to a warning today for R04.

robS4S
    Participant

Just got that update this morning and it has indeed move the PCFLDCS_01 to all warnings (166) but I still have 792 errors that have only appeared this month and I have not edited the data.

Is any one else experiencing this?

Josh
    Participant

Rob,

I have the same problem. All went through fine at R03 and now have circa 1000 errors with the same codes you have listed above. I was hoping that this would be rectified by the change to PCFLDCS_01 but unfortunately not.

I will speak to the service desk today.

robS4S
    Participant

Same errors on the Hub. Any news from the service desk?

Steven
    Participant

We have reported the following errors yesterday to the Data Desk with no response as yet.

Since the FIS update on 22nd November we have now 64 errors relating to standards L4 or above who are completing a HE qualification.

These learners have been in our system for a number of months and have not changed or had any amendments since starting on programme but since the update on Thurs 22nd we now have numerous errors in relation to them:-

Error codes are:-

NETFEE_01
    NUMHUS_01
    PCFLDCS_02
    PCOLAB_01 PartnerUKPRN=
    STULOAD_04

Can you advise is this a known issue to be resolved before the R04 deadline?

Regards

Steve

Josh
    Participant

The Service Desk has advised this isn’t a fault at their end and that the errors are because an HE prescribed aim is being delivered. The Learning Delivery HE fields are required as part of delivering this type of aim.

As to why this has only been recognised as an error since the latest FIS update, your guess is as good as mine!

Josh

• This reply was modified 2 years ago by  Josh.

jessc21
    Participant

Hi Josh,

Where has this been published?

Josh
    Participant

From the PSM – 6.1.8 Recording higher and degree apprenticeships
    479. If you are delivering prescribed HE learning aims as part of an apprenticeship programme (identified using the field EnglPrscID in the LARS database), then you must return the Learner HE and Learning Delivery HE datasets.

jessc21
    Participant

Thanks Josh

robS4S
    Participant

Go the same response “You need to fix the errors”. Well I guess I know what I doing for the next week.

I really wished they had advertised this as a change and then we could of planned for it.

All our current omissions that are causing the validation errors were originally advised by the help desk!

Josh
    Participant

So that you know, when I fixed the “NETFEE_01” error it triggered another error in the “gross fee” field. I had to enter a “gross fee” as well to get it error free.

The service desk response when I asked why this has only appeared as an error recently was: “The HUB is continually being updated for the purposes of validation which means that sometimes learners who were previously error free will appears as errors when additional validation checks are made – hence the errors.”

Steven
    Participant

Hi Josh,
    We are a learning provider and now have the same issues (see my thread above0. This is the first time we have come across these fields listed and to be truthful haven’t a clue where to get the relevant information in order to complete. (Wish they wouldn’t just update things at the end of a month).

Can you point or someone point us in the right direction. We have looked at the ILR Spec and also tried to find information on HESA Spec but it might as well be foreign at the first time of looking.
    We need to clear the following:
    NETFEE_01
    NUMHUS_01
    PCFLDCS_02
    PCOLAB_01
    STULOAD_04

We have raised an incident with the ESFA Service Desk but have had no response…

Regards

Steve

robS4S
    Participant

Done some digging and it looks like the NUMHUS_01 will go away if we resolve NETFEE_01 but I had to open a new thread to find out when and what that is http://feconnect.education.gov.uk/forums/topic/when-should-netfee-not-be-0-for-apprentices/

Still working on the others and I do not get PCOLAB_01. Have you got the validation rules?
    https://assets.publishing.service.gov.uk/government/uploads/system/uploads/attachment_data/file/743922/ILR_Validation_Rules_2018_19_Version_2.xlsx
    from https://www.gov.uk/government/publications/ilr-specification-validation-rules-and-appendices-2018-to-2019
    It gives you the logic being used to generate the errors and can sometimes be a lot clearer that the spec.

Josh
    Participant

Hi Steve,

Same as Rob. I used a combination of the ILR spec, validation rules and HESA. I don’t have the PCOLAB_01 either but looks like you are required to return the percentage of training not taught by yourselves where a sub-contractor is used.

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 15 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.