Identifying which error applies to which learner…?

Home Forums Data issues Identifying which error applies to which learner…?

This topic contains 10 replies, has 5 voices, and was last updated by  Ruth CJ 3 months, 1 week ago.

Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)
  • Author
  • Slippy
    Participant

Hi

How do you identify which error(s) applies to which apprentice?
    My latest Rule Violation Summary Report has a learner count of 5 with a Total Number of Fully valid Learners as 3. Assuming this means that there’s error(s) for 2 of them where would it state the specific apprentice? It just states Rule name/Error Message & Occurances? Am I missing something really simple here??!

many thanks,

Slippy

tg3
    Participant

Hi,

If you open the .csv file of the same name, you can identify the learner by their learner reference number.

Hope this helps.

Slippy
    Participant

Hi

Yes, it does – but the errors on the rule violation summary report are not what shows in the csv file….

The errors are LearnAimRef_40 & various LearnDelFAMTypes but on the csv file they are DLOCK_07s that refer to ‘no matching negotiated costs….’ ??

Cheers,

Slippy

Martin West
    Participant

You use the validation csv file not the DLOCK report

Slippy
    Participant

Hi

…but where do I find that file? I can’t see it in the Hub…

Cheers,

Slippy

Ruth CJ
    Participant

It’s usually under the “Latest reports” on the right hand side. If you can’t see it there, go into the ILR collection you’re currently working on, and under the reports column for the latest file import, there should be one called something like Rule Violation Report 20190604-111111.csv.

Slippy
    Participant

Got it. Many thanks both.

Cheers,

Slippy

robS4S
    Participant

The new portal ILR submission reports includes the error csv file in the .zip archive.

If you are new to this, then I recommend getting the FIS application setup. You can use FIS to generate the summary and errors files prior to submitting ILR.xml files to the portal.

https://des.fasst.org.uk/Pages/fis.aspx

Because FIS is not talking to the portal or the Apprenticeship Service it will not include DLOCK errors.

• This reply was modified 3 months, 2 weeks ago by  robS4S. Reason: added note about DLOCK

Slippy
    Participant

Many thanks. I’ve located the csv Rule Violation Report but I’m confused! I can see the 4 errors & when I click on each one (1.43201E +11) the number 143201100068 appears in the formula bar (which is the number of one of 5 learners in the XML Schema file) but in column ‘L’ (Spec Learner Monitoring…) it shows 100064-which is the last 6 digits of the Maytas trainee ID number for this individual learner, so I’m assuming all 4 errors are for the one learner? But why are there 2 different numbers & & why does it not identify the errors by the learner’s ULN?

Also, can you do a FIS report to check for errors prior to the ‘open window’ dates as I’ve just tried to for R11 or is it too early?

Many thanks,

Cheers,

Slippy

Martin West
    Participant

Hi,
    You can use the same validation report (csv) from FIS but this does not include a few validation rules that are applied on the HUB only.
    This report does not include the ULN but only the Learner Reference Number.
    HTH

Ruth CJ
    Participant

Column L is one of your provider specified fields. Presumably someone has set up your Maytas to put a trimmed learner number in there, that’s down to each provider, ours is blank. The Learner Ref is possibly showing that weird text simply because the column is too narrow. Try making it wider.

Like Martin says, you can get your validation errors any time from the FIS, as that’s a stand alone piece of software stored locally. Nobody sees what you run through there except you, and it’s available all the time.

Learner Ref or ULN should be just as easy to use as each other, and you might have records where you’re still awaiting the ULN, so Learner Ref is better.

Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.