ILR Learner entry tool – Bulk Upload

Home Forums Data issues ILR Learner entry tool – Bulk Upload

This topic contains 3 replies, has 2 voices, and was last updated by  steveh 3 weeks, 6 days ago.

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • Author
  • Barney
    Participant

Evening, I have started a new Apprenticeship Coordinator job and my new employers don’t use an MIS system (as my previous job did). The previous employee retired before I started so I’m felling my feet blindly as they say !

After a little investigation I presume I use the ILR Learner entry tool to upload learners, however can’t for the life of me find a link to a spreadsheet template for a bulk upload.

Also I have a couple of learners that have started a break in learning, can you use the ILR Learner entry tool to report this ?

Any link to guidance on how to use the ILR Learner entry tool would also be helpful.

Grateful in advance for any help.

Teresa

steveh
    Participant

Yeah, no, there’s no bulk upload beyond importing your last ILR (I assume the organisation sent an R01/R02?)

Yes, you can pretty easily record a Break in LET, just set Completion to 6, outcome to 3 and add actual end date on the End Details tab.

User Guide here (not used it myself, but here it is!)
    https://www.gov.uk/government/publications/set-up-your-ilr-and-collect-data-with-the-learner-entry-tool

Barney
    Participant

Thanks for the info Steve, so if I have 100 learners do I have to input the info manually ?

What’s the import button for ?

“Import Data
    This allows users to import a 2019 to 2020 ILR data file, which will be converted to 2020 to 2021 funding year format, or to import an ILR data
    file in 2020 to 2021 funding year format”

Where can I find the template for the data file ?

A little confused ! I just went on MAYTAS before, made the changes and upload to ILR, SIMPLES !

steveh
    Participant

So, if the organisation submitted an R01/R02, you can import the XML file submitted into your new instance of LET and go from there, you shouldn’t have to type them in…

(Also, one thing that the user guide, in my opinion, doesn’t make clear enough is MAKE SURE YOU UNZIP IT ONCE YOU’VE DOWNLOADED IT and before you start using it. Basically, if you don’t it can’t save anything you add, so it’s pretty important!)

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.