Incentive Payment – Change of Employer

Home Forums Data issues Incentive Payment – Change of Employer

This topic contains 6 replies, has 3 voices, and was last updated by  Lou G 2 months, 1 week ago.

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • Author
  • Lou G
    Participant

Good morning

We have a 16-18 apprentice who was working for employer 1 when the 1st incentive became due so is therefore entitled to receive it. However, within weeks of this, Employer 1 went to work for Employer 2 on the understanding that Employer 2 also employed the apprentice. Employer 1 won’t accept the payment and wants Employer 2 to have it.

I have suggested to Employer 1 that he pass the payment to Employer 2 when received but he is reluctant to take it in the first place.

Has anyone come across this situation?

Thank you
    Louise

Spats
    Participant

Yeah, there was a similar query on here a couple of weeks ago. It’s Employer 1’s money, so it has to go to them. What they do with it after that – give it to Employer 2, give it to charity, make a papier mache hat out of it – is up to them, but you, as the training provider, don’t really have an option. Your part of the process is to ensure that Employer 1 gets it.

Lou G
    Participant

Thanks for the reply. Just needed the reassurance!

Martin West
    Participant

Hi,
    From the technical funding guide for this scenario:
    193. The provider will continue to receive additional payments. Any remaining additional payments not paid to the original employer you can pay to the new employer.

As the first employer has refused payment, I think you can use the above to justify payment to the second employer.
    HTH

Lou G
    Participant

Thank you Martin. That’s saved alot of reading. I think I may go with this once I have both employers agreement.

Spats
    Participant

If you’re going with that, I’d say make sure that you document it all thoroughly and retain any communication with Employer 1 where they’ve asked you to do that or agreed that you can. Just in case.

Lou G
    Participant

Thank you. I have it in writing from Employer 1 and will ensure I have Employer 2’s written understanding before any monies are paid.

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.