Incorrect TNP 1 & 2 prices outside of funding year

Home Forums Data issues Incorrect TNP 1 & 2 prices outside of funding year

This topic contains 6 replies, has 2 voices, and was last updated by  JodieCataldo 1 week, 3 days ago.

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • Author
  • JodieCataldo
    Participant

Hello everyone,

I have incorrectly entered the TNP1 price as the full price (including EPA) in the ILR then tried to correct this outside the funding year with the TNP1 and TNP2 prices inputted individually.

This has caused a data mismatch error DLOCK_7 as I also amended the original TNP1 price rather than create a new one.

To correct this can I put the TNP1 back to the original price and add a new TNP1 and TNP2 with the correct costs? Will this correct the error to ensure we only get the funds we require or will it give me these funds above what we have already received?

My concern is I will be claiming the correct prices from the beginning of this funding year and we have claimed funds in the previous year at a different price. Do the ESFA know to correct this from the new date or from the original start date?

Any help would be appreciated on this – its seems very complicated.

Thanks
    Jodie

Martin West
    Participant

Hi,
    You should have the Original TNP 1 amount and date and then add a new TNP 1 and TNP 2 from the start of the year.
    As the original TNP 1 amount will be the same as the added TNP1 + 2 from the start of the year the funding will not change.
    HTH

JodieCataldo
    Participant

Thanks Martin

How about if I created the original TNP 1 in 2017/18, amended TNP1 and added TNP2 at the end of 2018/219 (which created the DLOCK Error 7) and want to correct in 2019/20?

If I change the TNP2 to match the TNP1 with the correct amount, will this also work?

Thanks
    Jodie

Martin West
    Participant

Hi,
    The first rule is you cannot change what has been entered in a previous year, you will have been paid in 2017/18 based on the original TNP 1 amount.
    If you changed this incorrectly in 2018/19 and added the TNP 2 which resulted in a Dlock error have you been paid in 2018/19 or had all the funding for the year been clawed back?
    I would have to know what you have entered as far as amounts and dates in the financial record to be able to advise.

This may be one that the ESFA and Apprenticeship Service will have to sort out.

• This reply was modified 1 week, 3 days ago by  Martin West.

JodieCataldo
    Participant

Hi Martin

Are you available for consultation? My manager would like to know if that is something you offer, do you day rate?

This is the response I got from the ESFA:

After looking through a sample of these learners receiving a DLOCK_07, I can see that, although the ILR value of the cost is matching the total of the Apprenticeship Service, the error is appearing due to the original TNP1 value having been changed. As stated in the Apprenticeship technical funding guide, if you wish to change a negotiated price, you should add the new price as an additional TNP (Total Negotiated Price) record in your ILR, rather than changing the original records. I can see that a TNP2 value was being added on to learner records during R03, but the TNP1 value was changed rather than adding a new value alongside the TNP2.

To resolve this issue and remove the DLOCK_07 errors, you will need to revert the original TNP1 value to it’s initial cost and then create a secondary TNP1 and 2 value with the total cost of training and assessment. These must have future dates to any previous TNP values already in place. The dates will also need to be within the current funding year (from 1 August 2019).

The above resolution should remove the DLOCK_07 errors you have. However, if this is not the case, please contact us again.

Thanks for your support so far,
    Jodie

Martin West
    Participant

Hi,
    As the ESFA have said you will need to revert the original TNP1 value to itโ€™s initial cost and then create a secondary TNP1 and 2 value with the total cost of training and assessment.

It should then look like this:
    Original entry in 2017: TNP 1 Start Date and Amount
    Then Add:
    TNP 1 1/8/2019 Training cost Amount
    TNP 2 1/8/2019 EPA cost

Sorry I am retired now so only contribute via this forum.
    HTH

JodieCataldo
    Participant

Oh well, that’s a shame (for us, not you – I can definitely see the benefits of retirement). ๐Ÿ™‚

Thank you so much Martin, much appreciated.

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.