LARS Category code 23 – Z0007974

Home Forums Data issues LARS Category code 23 – Z0007974

This topic contains 5 replies, has 2 voices, and was last updated by  steveh 1 month ago.

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • Author
  • SDevonCA
    Participant

Hi all, i was wondering if someone could point me in the right direction with regards to a learning aim…
    Z0007974 is showing in LARS as category 3 – All class codes and category 23 – class code A – Non regulated provision SFA formula funded). Ive looked at the learning aim class code guidance and i was wondering if someone could explain the difference between category 3 and category 40 local flexibility.
    I assume we are ok to use this aim for Adult skills funding model 35 but usually these are also available for local flex.
    Are we able to draw funding down for funding model 35 for this aim, either fully funded or Co funded?
    class code A – Non regulated provision SFA formula funded is what is throwing me slightly…
    Thanks everyone

steveh
    Participant

Well that was a delightful rabbit hole to fall down!

Checked back in a 19/20 LARS download and this appears to be how the non-reg class codes have always been recorded? There isn’t a Cat 40 on a single Z aim. I *guess* because, strictly speaking, it’s not about “local flexibility” as such, everyone can use non-reg aims, where appropriate?

So, yes, you can DEFINITELY use them, per the AEB Rules, and they are full/co-funded on the same basis as any other (non English and maths) aim, so Unemployed/low waged will be fully funded.

steveh
    Participant

(the fact that it says “SFA” is just an artefact that they’ve never tidied up, nothing to worry about)

SDevonCA
    Participant

Thank you Steve, i thought i was going slightly mad…….
    Hope you’re well 🙂

steveh
    Participant

(do image posts work here?)

Freddie

steveh
    Participant

(well, I’ve learned something today!!!)

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.