LEARNER ENTRY TOOL _ Viability

Feconnect has been replaced by ESFA communities.

Feconnect is read only and it is not possible to create or reply to topics or posts. To search feconnect we suggest you use site specific searches. ESFA Communities is now live. Feconnect users will need to create a new ESFA communities account to post, reply or subscribe for email alerts.

Home Forums Data issues LEARNER ENTRY TOOL _ Viability

This topic contains 1 reply, has 2 voices, and was last updated by  steveh 4 months, 1 week ago.

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
  • Author
  • Shiromi CABRAAL
    Spectator

Good afternoon all
    I work for a LA and we are currently bringing in–house some of our AEB provision.

We will be purchasing an MIS, but until then are thinking of using the Learner Entry Tool LET (to max 500 learners).

Does anyone know if it would be possible to use data collated from an on-line form as an excel spreadsheet, to be entered on the Learner Entry Tool LET (Max 500 leaners?)
    I understand the LET uses an XML format? I don’t have an iT support around today.

Or is better to wait until we have an MIS system in place? I realise under the funding rules we are obliged to submit data returns monthly.
    Any thoughts or suggestions most welcome.
    Thank you
    Shiromi

steveh
    Spectator

As an LA doing AEB you actually only have to return 5 times a year, it’s only Apps and procured (paid on actuals) AEB you have to return monthly.

Main issue with LET is you’d have to type it in by hand (or copy and paste a field at a time) from the spreadsheet, you can’t import non-ILR data into it, so, depending when your MIS will be available, probably worth waiting til it’s sorted. Also, depending on your choice of system, will depend whether the data you’ve put in LET will be importable into the system in a usable form or whether you effectively have to start again.

Not to speak with the benefit of hindsight, but “working out how to do an ILR” should have been near the beginning of your project plan for bringing work in-house…

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.