Learner Record Service

Home Forums Data issues Learner Record Service

This topic contains 14 replies, has 10 voices, and was last updated by  JLefley83 8 months, 1 week ago.

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 15 total)
  • Author
  • donna1805
    Participant

Hi – Is anyone still having issues with LRS this morning?

Thank you
    Donna

Sue Bishop
    Participant

Yep, me 🙁

JackB
    Participant

Steve Bowler
    Participant

Just had this response back from them:

“The portal is currently down for essential maintenance for all of today. We currently have no time scale on the maintenance, we will be updating our IVR message on 0345 602 2589.
    We are sorry for the inconvenience this has caused.”

🙁

Steve

sambern
    Participant

Has there been an announcement about what we should do regarding new starts. We have some learners that we’re inducting and we’re unable to check their prior attainment on the LRS. Should we pause their induction until this is resolved?

We do get them to declare their prior attainment, however sometimes this disagrees with what has been listed on the LRS.

Sue Bishop
    Participant

More importantly, I can’t access ULNs for new starts and can’t finalise the learner record without it.

Learning aims incorrectly added can always be reversed, but with no ULN I’m screwed.

Cris Hale
    Participant

Hi Sue,

You can use a ULN of 9999999999 for non-Levy-funded learners for the first 60 days, I think it is. I imagine it will be restored by then. Alternatively, just leave them all blank until it comes to the final upload and hope it’ll be restored by that time!

Even if it’s not restored, they’ll surely have to temporarily allow the absence of a ULN because I can’t see them bringing the whole industry to a halt!

Hope that helps,

Cris

Martin Locock
    Participant

on another thread someone said that LRS was expected to be back online today.

MichaelC
    Participant

I appreciate there are protocols to be followed with things as serious as this. But surely someone at the ESFA must be able to provide an anticipated date for it to be up and running again…

nlinford
    Participant

Any update on LRS access?

JackB
    Participant

No updates as yet, nor any date for the LRS to be restored. We did get an email from Welsh government about the data breach (just that it had happened) but nothing from ESFA.

I am surprised that i am not seeing this on the main new sites.

nlinford
    Participant

It was the front page exclusive for the Sunday Times

Cris Hale
    Participant

It’ll be interesting to see what sort of fines are levied, given the general panic over GDPR since it came into effect. I have to assume there’ll be some, even if they’re partly to make a statement owing to the high profile of the incident.

nlinford
    Participant

Item 2 https://www.gov.uk/government/publications/esfa-update-22-january-2020/esfa-update-further-education-22-january-2020

Information: Learning Records Service temporarily closed due to data trust breach
    Due to a recent data breach by a UK Register of Learning Provider, we have temporarily closed the Learning Records Service whilst we complete investigations.

We are continuing to monitor access and audit logs to highlight unusual activity to ensure this situation does not happen again via any provider.

Our checks are almost complete and we will start to provide access to the Learner Record Service from tomorrow. We will endeavour to get the service fully up and running as quickly as possible.

We will leave no options off the table when it comes to taking action or seeking for others, such as the Information Commissioner, to take action against any learning provider that has breached its agreement with us and wrongly shared data.

JLefley83
    Participant

The LRS is back up tonight!

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 15 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.