Learning end dates on restarts

Home Forums Data issues Learning end dates on restarts

This topic contains 2 replies, has 2 voices, and was last updated by  NinaManEx 3 weeks ago.

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • Author
  • NinaManEx
    Participant

I have a few restarts, where I initially had issues restarting them after their break in learning – As it meant inputting a new start date and calculating a new end date so the apprenticeship met the 12 month duration.

Now I have a learner who restarted and although in total has been on programme for over 12 months, from the original start date, from the new re-start date the learner is completing too early.
    When i run the ILR i am getting the error message programme does not reach the required minimum duration.

So how do i complete restarts? as they will never be within their 12 month duration.

Is this our MI system? – it doesn’t seem to be accounting for the original start date.

Have i miscalculated the new end date? (i’m certain i haven’t as i get error messages when i put anything shorter than 12 months on a restart for an end date)

Martin West
    Participant

Hi,
    Are you returning the Original learning start date and the Restart indicator, the new learning planned end date should be calculated from the balance to complete the original duration.

From the guidance
    Table 10: Recording new aims when an apprentice returns from an agreed break in learning

Learning start date
    Programme aim – Date on which the apprentice restarts the programme after the break
    Component aims – Date on which the apprentice restarts the learning aim after the break

Original learning start date
    Programme aim – Date on which the apprentice originally started the programme
    Component aims – Date on which the apprentice originally started the learning aim

Learning planned end date
    Programme aim – New planned end date for the programme
    Component aims – New planned end date for the learning aim

Funding adjustment for prior learning
    Programme aim – Not returned
    Component aims – Proportion of the aim still to be delivered (English and maths aims only)

Learning Delivery FAM
    Restart indicator
    Programme aim – Use code RES1
    Component aims – Use code RES1

Eligibility for enhanced apprenticeship funding
    Programme aim – Relevant code, if applicable
    Component aims – Relevant code, if applicable

Apprenticeship contract type
    Programme aim – Relevant code
    Component aims – Relevant code (English and maths aims only)
    Date applies from*
    Programme aim – Programme start date (ACT record only)
    Component aims – Learning aim start date (ACT records only)
    Date applies to*
    Programme aim – Not returned
    Component aims – Not returned

HTH

NinaManEx
    Participant

Hi Martin –
    Yes there is an original start date recorded and a restart indicator being returned. There is also a fund Adjustment for the component aims. I will check the code is RES1 – as far as i can see it is. (but i don’t code the software).

I think the issue is that we record the indicator and original start date against the learner as a whole, and it should be being applied to all AIMS in the ILR return and not against individual AIMS – I think that then when we restart the learner it is picking it up for the main programme aim but not the component aims possibly?

I will pass this to the IT team for our MI system.

Thank you.

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.