Level 1 eligiblity

Home Forums Data issues Level 1 eligiblity

This topic contains 3 replies, has 2 voices, and was last updated by  Luke Burns 4 months, 3 weeks ago.

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • Author
  • Kelly
    Participant

hi

Based on the table in the AEB funding rules are learners aged 19-23 with prior attainment less than level 2 fundable for a Level 1 learning aim?

I understood they are not if its a level 2 aim unless its on the legal entitlement spreadsheet but does this relates to level 1 aims as well?

thanks
    Kelly

Luke Burns
    Participant

Hi Kelly,

Provided the level 1 aim is AEB funded and part of the Local Flexibility category, then learners aged 19-23 without a full level 2 can claim funding.

Check out the Government Contribution Table on page 23 of the AEB funding rules for 18/19, which should demonstrate this: https://assets.publishing.service.gov.uk/government/uploads/system/uploads/attachment_data/file/733335/2018-19_AEB_funding_pm_rules_July.pdf

Also, paragraph 147 in the same document:

For learners aged 19 to 23 progressing towards their first full level 2, they must undertake learning at entry and/or level 1 only from local flexibility. When learners’ progress to their first full level 2 (legal entitlement) they must enrol on a qualification from the relevant legal entitlement list set out in paragraph 146.

Luke

Kelly
    Participant

Thanks Luke.

Possible silly question but there a spreadsheet of local flexiblity aims?, like there is for the legal entitlement. Or do I check LARS?

Luke Burns
    Participant

Not to the best of my knowledge, although you can download the LARS dataset in CSV format and build your own queries offline. I find it easiest to just check on LARS.

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.