Levy Account Query

Home Forums Data issues Levy Account Query

This topic contains 6 replies, has 3 voices, and was last updated by  Michelle L 2 weeks, 1 day ago.

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • Author
  • LisaM
    Participant

Hi All

I hope someone can help, we have an employer where the learner started in July, but they have had lots of problems with their levy account, and have only been able to make the application for the learner this week, the learner is doing a Digital Marketer L4 framework course, and this course is no longer on the levy system (although other frameworks are available).

I have asked the App Service what to do, so I can process this before the P14 hard close, if you can believe it, they came back and said that I need to change the course to the closest standard applicable on both the levy account and the ILR, which would mean we were claiming wrong information!

Has anyone else had this issue, or know a resolution I can try?

Many Thanks
    Lisa

Martin West
    Participant

Hi Lisa,
    Sorry but the App Service are correct as the system will say no to any framework start.

We may have may weeks after the year end to complete R14 but the App Service do not have a grace period at the year end.
    HTH

LisaM
    Participant

Hi Martin

Thanks for coming back, there is another framework course we use that is still live on the system, as I processed a levy application for it this week.

I just find it hard to understand that there suggestion was just to pick another course to use instead when the information will be wrong.

Many Thanks
    Lisa

Martin West
    Participant

I think they meant deliver a standard and record this on the ILR and DAS, you cannot start on any framework after the 31/07/2020.

LisaM
    Participant

Hi Martin

The learner did start in July, but they have had lots of issues setting up the levy account, they have only managed to get it set up this week, so we couldn’t make the application any sooner.

I have managed to process another levy application this week for a July start on a different framework, so I find it strange they have some on the system but not others.

Kind REgards
    Lisa

Martin West
    Participant

Hi Lisa,
    You should have not started a learner before any issues with their levy account had been resolved, the same happens with reservation of funding for non-levy on DAS you can only start them on/after the reservation has been made.
    Levy paying employers are different as they do not have to reserve funding but even then they cannot start on a framework after 31/07/2020.

Michelle L
    Participant

Yes, we have learned the hard way as an Employer trying to reserve funding had some real issues and it took weeks to resolve! (the issues were theirs not the DAS) so from now on, until they are on the Apprenticeship Service, we do not start the learners. I send out the requests in plenty of time now and educate them into actioning asap in case of any unforeseen problems. Good luck though

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.