Levy Transfer Funding

Home Forums Data issues Levy Transfer Funding

Tagged: 

This topic contains 3 replies, has 3 voices, and was last updated by  Ashleigh Seta 4 days, 5 hours ago.

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • Author
  • Ashleigh Seta
    Participant

Good Morning

I’m looking for some clarification about Levy Transfers. We currently have a learner who is 20, from a non-levy small employer. The employer would usually be required to pay 5% co-investment, however a large employer has agreed to transfer their levy funds in order to fund the learner’s apprenticeship.

Would the Employer still be liable for the 5%? Or is it treat as though the employer is a levy payer?

SCOTTIA
    Participant

Hi Ashleigh – I’m also interested in what the response is to this – also I’m assuming that the Apprentice would be funded using ACT 1 on the ILR? Thanks

Martin West
    Participant

Hi,
    They are treated as a levy payer (ACT 1), but you should note the following from the funding rules:
    P253 You must fully explain to the receiving employer the requirement to pay co-investment if the full cost of the apprenticeship cannot be met with a transfer or from their service account. You must arrange to collect co-investment as set out in the co-investment section.

HTH

Ashleigh Seta
    Participant

Martin

Thank you so much for your help. That confirms my assumptions.

I will pass this information on to the employer.

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.