Local FIS Installation?

Home Forums Data issues Local FIS Installation?

Tagged: , , ,

This topic contains 2 replies, has 3 voices, and was last updated by  steveh 2 months, 2 weeks ago.

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • Author
  • Garry Welborn
    Participant

Hi,

I’m interested to know how other colleges have the FIS software installed within their MIS departments and would be grateful for your feedback. Do you have FIS installed on a server that everyone uses or, a local copy (with Admin rights) installed on each computer, or some other method?

We currently have a local copy installed which to me seems the most effective method as each user is able to run their own individual ILR’s to support the resolving of ILR errors.

Thank you

Garry

Jon White
    Participant

Hi Garry,

This may not help your specific circumstances and query, but we use LearnerTrack (Monterpoint) MIS which runs instant ESFA business rule validation via FIS integration. In other words we see any errors & warnings immediately after data is entered as FIS is running continually in the background. The very latest FIS runs on LearnerTrack servers and users access the MIS within the web browser. We therefore don’t need a local or network versions of FIS.

Jon White, Wokingham BC

steveh
    Participant

For modern FIS (19/20 onwards), would definitely just go for local installations. Doesn’t need anything like the admin rights the old FIS needed.

One word of caution though, because it is updated basically twice a month, need to make sure that everyone downloads the new update frequently (I’d have it as the first step on my “creating an ILR” process)

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.