National Insurance Letter and card as proof of eligibility and residency

Home Forums Data issues National Insurance Letter and card as proof of eligibility and residency

This topic contains 4 replies, has 3 voices, and was last updated by  Ruth CJ 2 months, 1 week ago.

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • Author
  • jaxrees01
    Participant

Hi there,

I have been informed (perhaps erroneously) that using a National Insurance Card or a letter from HMRC as proof of eligibility was only correct up until end of 2018 is this correct?

Many thanks

Jax

steveh
    Participant

???

See threads passim about what learners (don’t) need to prove eligibility, but I’ve heard nothing about this…

jaxrees01
    Participant

Hiya Steve,

Thanks for the comment, do you happen to have a definitive list of evidence that is acceptable, I emailed the help desk this morning and they have told me unequivocally that we should not use NI letter and card for eligibility, but the link they sent me was the funding rules for AEB learners not Apprenticeship Frameworks so I am no further forward, only a little more confused….

Many thanks

Jax

steveh
    Participant

Hi Jax

There’s no list because, for AEB, there’s no requirement for a learner to prove their eligibility beyond a self-declaration if they’ve been here for three years.

For apprenticeships, it’s all in Annex A of the funding rules. Again, no reason not for this to be self-dec if they’ve been in the EEA three years and the employer is happy they can be employed?

Ruth CJ
    Participant

What were you sent from the helpdesk that said you needed to evidence eligibility?

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.