NEW Covid LDM Codes

Home Forums Data issues NEW Covid LDM Codes

This topic contains 22 replies, has 10 voices, and was last updated by  steveh 1 week, 2 days ago.

Viewing 23 posts - 1 through 23 (of 23 total)
  • Author
  • Tony1366
    Participant

Hi All

Before I start using these I wanted to ask the forum about how you are interpreting and using these codes especially in relation to Funding Models 10 and 35?

NEW LDM 368 – COVID-19 temporary or permanent withdrawals – To identify learners who have left their programme without achieving due to COVID-19, including those who are being supported by the provider so they can return when it is safe to do so

NEW LDM 369 – COVID-19 new programme starts – To identify learners when they start a programme implemented by the provider in response to CV19, with support to ensure they start in learning when it is safe to do so

steveh
    Participant

Hi Tony

Was on a call with ILR people the other day and these LDM codes are ONLY to be used for providers receiving Provider Relief Support. I asked if they could update the descriptors to make this clear!

• This reply was modified 1 month, 2 weeks ago by  steveh.

Tony1366
    Participant

Thanks for a prompt response, saved be a lot of bother. Happy Holidays, “STAY ALERT”

Paul Rogers
    Participant

Hi,

WMCA, I understand, will be using these codes.

Paul.

Tony1366
    Participant

Thanks, WMCA have confirmed they are working on guidance which will be published in the next couple of days

Martin West
    Participant

I believe these codes are only to be used by those who have claimed supplier relief funding as stated by Steve.

steveh
    Participant

I think part of the reason they were so loosely worded in the first place was because there was a feeling that CA’s might want to use them too, so not surprised to hear WMCA might be looking at them…

Broader answer I think is “don’t use them unless/until you’re explicitly told to”?

• This reply was modified 1 month, 2 weeks ago by  steveh.

GarryB
    Participant

Could someone indicate to me where these new codes were published? I am unable to find anything…

steveh
    Participant

third document down here:

https://www.gov.uk/government/publications/ilr-specification-validation-rules-and-appendices-2019-to-2020

no published guidance on their use yet that I’ve seen?

Ann Flinn
    Participant

I’ve been trying to update our ILR’s with the Monitoring codes as required but I seem to be having issues with one particular learner who was already recorded as being on a Break In Learning. When I try to add the 368 code it isn’t listed yet it is an available option for other learners with the same employer.

Is there a particular reason the code is available for some and not all?

steveh
    Participant

Um, no?

Is it a software issue? Might be worth asking your supplier? They might just not have made it available for BILs?

Ann Flinn
    Participant

It’s OK I’ve just worked it out. It appears to only be available for BIL’s from the date the code was created (21st March).

Thanks for your reply.

melly
    Participant

Do we have this anywhere in writing so that I can quote and refer to this please?

Ann Flinn
    Participant

I discovered it by trial and error so nothing official from me sorry.

Kevin Bunn
    Participant

All providers that were successful in gaining the Provider Relief Funding were sent a letter in which these Codes were explained, it also stated the start date from which they could be used. If someone was already on a BiL, COVID-19 had nothing to do with that BiL. Please see below:-

Code 368
    COVID-19 temporary or permanent withdrawals
    Description To identify learners who have left their programme without achieving due to COVID-19, including those who are being supported by the provider so they can return when it is safe to do so
    Valid from 21/03/2020

Code 369
    COVID-19 new programme starts
    To identify learners when they start a programme implemented by the provider in response to COVID-19, with support to ensure they can start in learning when it is safe to do so
    Valid from 21/03/2020

melly
    Participant

so the crux is that if we didn’t receive a letter (due to not being on the provider relief scheme) then we don’t use the codes?

Martin West
    Participant

We have introduced two learning delivery monitoring (LDM) codes for training providers funded by ESFA who are in receipt of support through the provider relief scheme (PRS), these codes are valid for use from 21 March 2020.
    LDM code 368 should be used if a learner was on a programme funded by us and who is currently unable to continue with their training and education as a direct result of COVID-19. Training providers in receipt of the ESFA provider relief scheme will continue to engage with those learners with a range of activities so they can restart their programme as soon as it is safe to do so.
    LDM code 369 should be used to identify those learners whose start date has been delayed by the impact of COVID-19. Training providers in receipt of the provider relief scheme will continue to support those individuals so they are ready to start learning when it is safe to do so. The LDM code will be used when you return the ILR to confirm the learner has now started their programme.
    In addition, training providers funded by ESFA who are not in receipt of support from the provider relief scheme should also use these LDM codes where learners have been affected by the impact of COVID-19.

steveh
    Participant

So, it depends what you think the word “should” means…

Martin West
    Participant

Hi Steve,
    I am assuming that these codes may be used to exclude from QAR due to COVID and that they should be used where applicable but it is not a must so it is optional.

Tony1366
    Participant

Hi All, Please Note that the West Midlands Combined Authority (WMCA) has issued guidance on how to use these for all learners affected for funding models 10 & 35.

julie18
    Participant

Can any help?

Functional skills: the categories for returns to the awarding bodies only allows for a pass/fail/non-submission, therefore, how do we record a non-submission on the ILR return (PICS) as it is neither a pass or a fail.

Kirsty Stroud
    Participant

Hi

When I have questioned this the paragraph below says that you should use the LDM codes so that is what we have used.

In addition, training providers funded by ESFA who are not in receipt of support from the provider relief scheme should also use these LDM codes where learners have been affected by the impact of COVID-19.

So I am not sure we have added the codes for all learners on a BIL.

Kirsty

steveh
    Participant

@julie18 So what’s happening with these learners? Kind of by definition, if they’re not achieving, they’re going to be fails (because you can’t prove an achievement). Unless you’re continuing to teach them past their planned end date with an eye on putting them in for the tests in the autumn, in which case you’d just leave them as continuing.

@kirsty “should” isn’t “must”, but you’re right that ESFA are expecting us to use it, even though they’re not telling us what the benefits/drawbacks will be…

Viewing 23 posts - 1 through 23 (of 23 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.