New employer incentives – redundant learners

Home Forums Data issues New employer incentives – redundant learners

This topic contains 3 replies, has 2 voices, and was last updated by  Martin West 2 weeks ago.

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • Author
  • lynnesmithNLTG
    Participant

Hi, the new funding rules allow employers to claim the new incentives for apprentices hired between Aug 20 and the end of Jan 21 to continue their apprenticeship after being made redundant (see E108):
    “Where the apprentice for whom you are claiming incentive payments for hiring a new apprentice has previously been made redundant from an apprenticeship with another employer and their apprenticeship agreement from that previous employment contained a start date before 1 August 2020, that apprentice must:
    – have a contract of employment with you (or an apprenticeship agreement if they are the same thing) containing a start date between 1 August 2020 and 31 January 2021 (inclusive); and
    E108.2 be able to continue their apprenticeship with you (see redundancy rules in paragraph E24).

The incentives are paid at 90 and 365 days but what happens if the learner has only 6 months before they complete, does the employer only get the first ‘instalment’ or would they be able to claim the second part of the payment on completion??

Martin West
    Participant

Hi,
    It is not clear; I think that is one for the help desk.
    HTH

lynnesmithNLTG
    Participant

Thanks – will drop them a line – also had another question – if the learner is on a framework on our non levy procured contract but is then made redundant and hired by another employer to continue, they would then need to be switched/ funded via AS for the new employer to claim the incentive – have the service desk taken into account that we still may need to be able to select frameworks on AS for continuations?
    I’ll post any answers I get…

Martin West
    Participant

Hi,
    They would have to be funded via the AS to claim the incentive but this may only be for starts on Standards so you will need to ask the question.
    HTH

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.