New SME Funding – Main Provider deliver their own?

Home Forums Data issues New SME Funding – Main Provider deliver their own?

This topic contains 6 replies, has 4 voices, and was last updated by  JamesB 1 week ago.

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • Author
  • JamesB
    Participant

Noting the new January reservation of funds guidance for SME’s could a non-levy paying main train provider reserve funding to deliver apprenticeship training to their own employees?

Knowing that employer-providers were made up of levy paying companies, I was not sure these new changes could therefore allow a non levy paying training provider to train one of their own.

I am sure this would not be allowed but I cannot see any guidance against this

Martin West
    Participant

Hi James,
    I would have to disagree as they are an employer as well as a training provider and there is nothing in the rules excluding them from doing this excepting they can only claim actual costs.

JamesB
    Participant

Hi Martin,

Very interesting. Pardon my ignorance but what do you mean by claiming actual costs? Surely if this is allowed a non levy main provider could claim their chosen apprenticehsip training standard cost for their employee which they could then be use to train them. Apologies if I am being slow on the uptake.

James

KateW
    Participant

Hi all, what are your thoughts on main providers using delivery subcontractors when learners are funded via this interim period?

Is it allowed?

Kind regards,
    Kate

Martin West
    Participant

Hi James,
    See the funding rules:
    P1 This document sets out the funding rules for main providers delivering apprenticeship training and on-programme assessment for employers under the apprenticeship programme from 1 August 2019. Main providers delivering to their own staff must follow the employer-provider rules and only claim actual costs.

Ruth CJ
    Participant

James – Actual Costs means You’re not allowed to make a profit. When you come up with a price for an employer, part of that costs will be some profit. When you deliver to one of your own staff members, your price has to simply reflect what it’s actually costing you to deliver.

JamesB
    Participant

Ay All, Thank you for your help with this

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.