New Starts for Jan 20 – Non-levy for DAS

Home Forums Data issues New Starts for Jan 20 – Non-levy for DAS

This topic contains 14 replies, has 7 voices, and was last updated by  paultaylor 1 month, 2 weeks ago.

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 15 total)
  • Author
  • lisa.claydon
    Participant

Morning All

can anyone confirm if the facility to add Non Levy employers to DAS is now live? i cant see any guidance on the go live date for those who dont have a non levy contract.

with regards to funding rules i am guessing we need to now add the ESF logo to all paperwork etc.
    if anyone could offer any advice or point me in the right direction that would be great

I am clear on the below just want to ensure i am not missing anything as i have been approached by an employer

1. The employer has to first register and create an account on the Apprenticeship Service
    2. Employers are required to ‘reserve’ funding. All employers will need to reserve funding for new apprenticeship starts that will happen. This can be reserved up to 3 months in advance of start dates.
    3. Funding can only be used for Apprenticeship Standards and NOT Frameworks.

The new arrangements for non-levy employers using the Apprenticeship Service would only apply for new starts from January 2020 and would not apply to those on an existing Apprenticeship who wanted to change provider

paultaylor
    Participant

We’re still waiting for the ESFA to confirm a few details including the go live date. This should be confirmed sometime soon.

Employers will have to register for the service but maybe using slightly different details than levy employers

The latest info says that they can reserve funds 6 months in advance of an apprentice starting.

And yes this is for standards only. Any starts on frameworks would have to be routed through the existing funding route.

Zaheer_Patel
    Participant

Hello All,

Our Non-Levy DAS is now Live!

However, after adding 3 apprentices, our limit for reservations has been reached !

If anyone could share if they are having the same issue?

Regards, Zaheer

lisa.claydon
    Participant

am i right that an employer can only reserve 15k per quarter

Richard Francis
    Participant

Hi Zaheer,

Could I clarify – were you reserving funding for three apprentices with three different employers, or three apprentices for the same employer?

Cheers,
    Richard.

Richard Francis
    Participant

Hi Lisa,

I haven’t heard that, but I have heard that there are 15,000 starts available to be reserved through the Apprenticeship Service for January, February and March (5k for each month).

Cheers,
    Richard.

Zaheer_Patel
    Participant

Hello Richard,

It was 3 apprentices with the same employer.

lisa.claydon
    Participant

Thank you i have tried to find some guidance but cant find any, i have a call logged with the help desk to confirm… as they didn’t know the answer. We have an employer who has Ten learners wanting to start 5k apprenticeships therefore i want to manage expectation on when they can be signed up. As if you can only reserve 5k per month then it will be three learners per quarter.
    please correct me if i am wrong

Richard Francis
    Participant

THanks Zaheer.

Lisa – sorry, I should have been clearer. I’m not aware of restrictions on costs, only in the total number of starts per month which have been limited to 5,000 each for January, February and March for a total of 15,000 for the first quarter.

That’s not to say that there isn’t any restriction on costs, just that I haven’t seen one reported.

Cheers,
    Richard.

lisa.claydon
    Participant

Thanks Richard maybe that is where i have go the 5,000 from and its a total number of starts and not £5000. it does not take much to confuse me

BenNOET
    Participant

I have the same issue with only being able to add 3 apprentices per employer.

Martin West
    Participant

Richard Francis
    Participant

Thanks Martin. I see the Funding Rules have been revised as well.

Sunny
    Participant

Can small employers still access the ESFA procured contract until Autumn 2020?

paultaylor
    Participant

Procured contract usage is explained in the link Martin has dropped in above

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 15 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.