Non-Funded Learner – LearnAimRef_16

Home Forums Data issues Non-Funded Learner – LearnAimRef_16

This topic contains 7 replies, has 4 voices, and was last updated by  Matt Collishaw 2 years, 4 months ago.

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • Author
  • Matt Collishaw
    Participant

Hi,

Has anyone else noticed that even when a learner has been set to Non Funded where the Other Funding Stream LDFNS has passed is giving LearnAimRef_16 Error

I have just enrolled 2 learners onto the aim – 60059643 all coded correctly for non funded but yet they are appearing as errors all because they are enrolled after the LDFNS of the Other funding column

Thanks

Ruth CJ
    Participant

Hello,

Yes, we’ve had that before and it was an error. It was an A-Level subject that was still funded for 16-18 and AEB, but not available for unfunded (overseas in our case).

You’ll have to get in touch with the ESFA, though they might blame ILM. I’m afraid I can’t remember who was responsible for resolving it when we had the problem.

Martin West
    Participant

Hi Matt,
    You should only get this error if the learning aim is part of a funded apprenticeship programme.

Matt Collishaw
    Participant

Thanks Ruth.

To the service desk i go. Several times i’m sure 🙂

Matt Collishaw
    Participant

Thanks Martin,

Seemed odd to be so just wanted to get a real answer before i have the service desk saga.

Ruth CJ
    Participant

Martin’s right, according to that rule, it should only apply to funded aims;

LearningDelivery.LearnStartDate >= 2013-08-01 and LearningDelivery.FundModel = 35 or 36 and DD07 = Y and LearningDelivery.AimType = 3 and LearningDelivery.LearnStartDate < LARS_StartDate or > LARS_LastNewStartDate in the LARS_Validity table where (LearningDelivery.LearnAimRef = LARS_LearnAimRef AND LARS_ValidityCategory = APPRENTICESHIPS

This rule is not triggered by restarts (LearningDeliveryFAM.LearnDelFAMType = RES) or apprenticeship standards (LearningDelivery.Progtype = 25)

Are you sure you’ve coded Funding as 99?

steveh
    Participant

Interestingly, the records for Adult Skills and CL were updated a couple of weeks ago. I bet they’ve changed LDNS for them and just forgot about Other… Shouldn’t be too much of a bind for the service desk to sort out.

Matt Collishaw
    Participant

Hi All,

Just a update for this in case anyone has the following issue in the next week or so

Response from the service desk

Thank you for contacting the service desk to enquire about learning aim reference: 60059643 and the subsequent error triggering on FIS.

I have reported your concerns to our LARS Team who advise the “other” category has now been updated, this should be reflected in LARS by 08 March 2018.

Thanks

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.