Non HE Level 4 learners

Home Forums Data issues Non HE Level 4 learners

This topic contains 10 replies, has 4 voices, and was last updated by  Louise Boyd 2 months, 1 week ago.

Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)
  • Author
  • lleach
    Participant

Hi,

I have 3 non-funded commercial learners on a level 4 course, aim Z0001936.
    This is perscribed on LARS as ‘3 – Not a Higher Education Qualification’ however they are erroring on the ILR with LearningDeliveryHE_03, A learning Delivery HE record must be returned for this learning aim. Any thoughts?

Martin West
    Participant

Hi,
    The ILR specifications require an HE record is returned for:
    Learning aims that are level 4 or above in the LARS database and are funded by the 16-19 (excluding Apprenticeships) funding (FundModel 25); Adult skills funding (FundModel 35) – non apprenticeships only; or are not funded by the ESFA (FundModel 99).
    HTH

Ruth CJ
    Participant

We have several level 4+ but not prescribed HE. We have an HE data set for all of them. What system to you use? In ProSolution it’s controlled by Offering Type.

Louise Boyd
    Participant

We’re on ProSolution too and experiencing difficulties with those learners enrolled to courses where we are using a generic aim rather than a ‘real’ aim. The validation rules complains if I complete the ‘% taught in 1st LDCS’ as this field is NUL in the LARS table. But if I take it out, it complains as it can’t be empty.

I tried setting the offering type so that it wouldn’t pull through the HE data set but of course that caused an error too.

The courses and learners are set up exactly the same as in 17/18 and we didn’t have these issues last year.

Has anyone else found a way around this?

Ruth CJ
    Participant

Where it’s non-prescribed “HE”, I set the 1st LDCS as 100. As far as I know, it’s always errored if you didn’t do that.

Louise Boyd
    Participant

Qnd this is what we always do/have done. however, this year, the records are currently erroring either way.

Ruth CJ
    Participant

What exact validation rule are you getting? Which learning aim?

Louise Boyd
    Participant

One of the aims is Z0002031 which we’re using for a full cost L6 course. If I set the field I get PCFLDCS_03 – The Percentage taught in first LDCS subject must not be returned for this learning aim. If I take it out, I get PCFLDCS_01 – The total of the three Percentage taught in LDCS subject fields must equal 100%.

I also tried changing the course type from HECourse to course but of course I get LearningDeliveryHE_03 – A learning Delivery HE record must be returned for this learning aim.

As I said, I didn’t have an issue with this course last year and it is set up in exactly the same way…

Martin West
    Participant

Hi Louise,
    You should check that you have not returned any of the LDCS fields, you should then not get any PCFLDS$ errors as there is no LDCS 1 code in the LARS database for that aim.
    HTH

Ruth CJ
    Participant

You shouldn’t be hitting PCFLDCS_01 if all the LDCS fields are blank. The error condition on that one is;

If any of the LDCS fields (LearningDeliveryHE.PCFLDCS, LearningDeliveryHE.PCSLDCS, LearningDeliveryHE.PCTLDCS) have been returned and LearningDelivery.LearnStartDate => 2009-08-01 and the sum of the returned fields <> 100

It only triggers if at least one of the LDCS fields has been returned. Check in the HE data set of the ILR workshop that all LDCS columns are completely blank, and not zero.

Louise Boyd
    Participant

Thanks for this. There definitely aren’t any zeros in there but I’ll check to see if a space has crept in somewhere.

Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.