P211.8: State aid declaration

Feconnect has been replaced by ESFA communities.

Feconnect is read only and it is not possible to create or reply to topics or posts. To search feconnect we suggest you use site specific searches. ESFA Communities is now live. Feconnect users will need to create a new ESFA communities account to post, reply or subscribe for email alerts.

Home Forums Data issues P211.8: State aid declaration

This topic contains 8 replies, has 2 voices, and was last updated by  Cris Hale 3 years, 10 months ago.

Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)
  • Author
  • Cris Hale
    Spectator

This paragraph goes as follows:

Copies of any state aid declarations for the AGE grant and waiving of the employer contribution for small employers.

Is this something I can locate somewhere, or am I expected to write a declaration myself? If the latter case, how am I to know the appropriate wording?

Thanks,

Cris

mel_aspinall
    Spectator

The State Aid declaration is on the AGE grant paperwork – on the employer terms and conditions and declaration.

HTH

Cris Hale
    Spectator

Hi Mel,

Sorry, it’s the state aid declaration for the waiving of the contribution I was looking for information on. I believe we’re shirking the hassle of AGE grants altogether from now on.

Regards,

Cris

mel_aspinall
    Spectator

Hi Cris,

Ah – I see your point. Could you not adopt some of the state aid declaration from the AGE grant form though? Let me know what you come up with – I too am struggling!

Many thanks,

Mel

mel_aspinall
    Spectator

Am I missing something because in the funding rules it states:

P180. Receipt of the AGE grant by employers and the waiving of the employer contribution for small employers, (please see annex E) are subject to state aid regulations.

However, when you look at annex E, it relates entirely to AGE grant. Do small employers really need to complete a state aid declaration or is this just for AGE grant????

Cris Hale
    Spectator

I know, I noticed that as well. I haven’t got a clue, but I have a feeling this one won’t be resolved until the ESFA are directly involved. I’ve been told it’s not a priority for us at the moment, but if/when it becomes one, I’ll ask them about it if we don’t have an answer by then.

Cris

mel_aspinall
    Spectator

Hi Cris,

I spoke to the Service Desk about this this morning. They confirmed that small employers (less than 49 employees) must have a state aid declaration to waive the employer contribution. I asked if we could use the state aid declaration in the AGE grant paperwork and they confirmed that we could copy that wording and to use that.

HTH

Mel

Cris Hale
    Spectator

Hi Mel,

Thanks for that – apparently we don’t have any plans to offer waiving of contributions at the moment and it’ll be a lot easier for me if we continue that, but now I know in case we do!

Cris

Cris Hale
    Spectator

Hi Mel,

Don’t know if it’s of interest, but here’s a Word document of what I’ve put together:
    https://1drv.ms/w/s!Ag1UGqz7EQ93kHbSppdv5pT05W-e

I noticed as I was adapting it that the State Aid info on the AGE application is directed towards the provider, explaining the recommended way of explaining it to the employer. Something tells me the people who put together the AGE form didn’t really know what to do with it either! Anyway, I kept the recommended wording and a note about overlap with other schemes.

Cris

Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.