Payment Predictions

Home Forums Data issues Payment Predictions

Tagged: ,

This topic contains 6 replies, has 6 voices, and was last updated by  PaulB 2 months, 1 week ago.

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • Author
  • AliciaGW
    Participant

Hi there,

Has anyone got any advice on predicting and calculating our monthly payments?
    We usually go by our company CRM and PICS reports – 90% of the time these are close enough to the payment we receive. But in recent months they seem to be out by large amounts.

None of the reports on PICS, collection data etc. are similar. Does anyone else have this issue?

Any advice would be greatly appreciated!

Pellcomp Support
    Participant

Hi, Alicia,

Please send an email to to us with a few details and we’ll be happy to take a look into the specifics for you. Unfortunately, it’s been quite difficult to reconcile funding since things were changed for the Apprenticeship Reforms.

Regards,

Gavin.

Kevin Bunn
    Participant

The Apps Indicative Report is a good starting point and then double check against your PFR.

steveh
    Participant

Not to teach anyone how to suck eggs, but the first thing I’d do is check I haven’t got any DLOCKs, that’s the main cause of income not matching expectations…

The other one is completion payments. These won’t be generated if you haven’t got the appropriate payment records against the learner for any employer contributions required.

Related to this, if employers have run out of Levy (which no student record system can know or predict!) this would reduce income as well (but only up to 10%/5% depending on when the App started).

Paul Rogers
    Participant

Hey Alicia,

Have you checked that all the payments from the employer for the contribution has been entered in PICS as paid? If any have not been, the completion payment will be withheld until it is submitted as confirmed.

Paul.

AliciaGW
    Participant

Thank you for all of your advice.

I’ve double checked and there are no DLOCK’s, employer contributions have been recorded against completions where applicable and the indicative earnings report matches the PFR from PICS. Just not the payment we received!

I’ve emailed into pellcomp support so fingers crossed they can find something I may have missed.

PaulB
    Participant

Hi,
    If you put the raw data from the ESFA ‘Indicative earnings’ report into a pivot table summary by learner ref you can cross reference YTD earnings vs YTD payment for every learner against the ‘Monthly Payment’ report by also using a pivot summary by learner. You can then use a vlookup formula to reconcile the two and identify the discrepancies. Should take about 15 minutes.

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.