PDSAT and new FIS

Home Forums Data issues PDSAT and new FIS

This topic contains 11 replies, has 4 voices, and was last updated by  d.cheveaux 1 week, 3 days ago.

Viewing 12 posts - 1 through 12 (of 12 total)
  • Author
  • sambern
    Participant

Hi all,

Just getting the new FIS and the PDSAT for 19/20 to speak to each other. I know we can import the ILR data, but there was an option to import the validated FIS data previously. I was led to believe this was the best way to check the data.

However the two don’t seem to be talking to each other currently. I couldn’t see anything in the FIS known issues, so was just seeing how others are doing this?

Martin West
    Participant

Hi,
    I did have a problem as SQL Server did not have a named instance and PDSAT could not find it, I did overcome this by including a \ after (local) in the 19/20 FIS import settings as per the following.
    Data Source=(local)\;Initial Catalog=ILR1920;Integrated Security=True
    HTH

sambern
    Participant

Thanks Martin, did you have to add anything in the new FIS regarding the SQL export?

Martin West
    Participant

Hi,
    I set the FIS Export to SQL Connection String as per the following.
    Data Source=(local);Initial Catalog=ILR1920;Integrated Security=True
    FIS does not mind that the instance name is null unlike PDSAT
    HTH

sambern
    Participant

That’s the part that is crashing for me. I’m getting a please contact support desk, using those same settings. Software completely locks and has to be exited.

Interesting that it’s working for you, I wonder if it’s related to the version of SQL?

Martin West
    Participant

Hi,
    Not sure I understand what is not talking is it FIS to SQL export or PDSAT to SQL?

sambern
    Participant

Oh sorry FIS isn’t speaking to SQL. When I choose the SQL export settings in FIS and run the export the process crashes.

I’ll send the error in to the service desk and see what they say. It must be something that I haven’t got setup as it’s working for you.

• This reply was modified 3 weeks, 6 days ago by  sambern.

LynnWill1
    Participant

Hi
    FIS is also crashing for me when Exporting to SQL – I too have raised a call but I have not had a response from the service desk. I have tried latest FIS (1.0.9.8) but it still crashes.
    Have you managed to get it working?

sambern
    Participant

No I haven’t been able to chase it with them as been busy on other things. I’ll give them a nudge, if you hear anything I’d appreciate it.

d.cheveaux
    Participant

Was there any fix for this yet please?
    We are getting a similar issue with FIS version 1.0.9.8 trying to import xml file
    It just says “Sorry, there’s a problem, contact the ESFA Service Desk”
    Current settings on the FIS tool, following Martin’s previous post are
    Data Source=(local)\;Initial Catalog=ILR1920;Integrated Security=True
    Thanks

LynnWill1
    Participant

I have had this from the service desk however it is still not working for me:
    Could you please ensure that you are using the latest version of FIS – many of the previous edition errors have been resolved. It can be downloaded from the following link (Sign in page) in the ‘Tools and Services’ area:
    https://submitlearnerdatabeta.fasst.org.uk

Once installed you may need to adjust the FIS Settings for SQL Express (the service installs with a default connection string). If you do need to do this, in the FIS Settings – Connection string box, please use:
    Data Source=yourpcName\SQLEXPRESS;Initial Catalog=ILR1920;Integrated Security=True

Where “yourPCName” can be found by a windows search for Control panel – All control panel items – Computer name; and your version of SQL can be found from Task manager – Services – SQL server agent (in most cases this will be SQL Express).

This should then allow you to use all of the extra DB and SQL downloads.

d.cheveaux
    Participant

Hi Lynn, that worked a treat thanks!

Viewing 12 posts - 1 through 12 (of 12 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.